Ever wondered where you fit?

Has anyone felt they have Autism maybe one or two people who know you very well agree with you, yet those who don’t know you so well will refer to you as Neurotypical?  I find this.  I began an assement for Autism at the beginning of the year but have heard nothing more. could they have decided I don’t have Autism.  In some ways I see things the way others do but in other ways I feel like I’m on the outside and very different from other people 

• Before I was diagnosed I always wondered why was I so different? I was held back and struggled to make friends in school. I always remember my mum saying to me go out and enjoy yourself and I used to argue with her and clam up. Then when I was 21 I finally got the answers to all my questions I have autism or Asperger’s syndrome as it used to be called. After that everything seemed to fit and my parents realised why my behaviour was so different. I still struggle on times but I’m pleased to say as a woman in my 30s I have a social life and I have friends

• Yes, i feel this way but the more I look into the signs of autism, the more I relate. Of course there will be people who don't believe us, this is down to the fact we've been masking for so long and ultimately why we haven't received a diagnosis sooner. We present a different character in public compared to being in the comfort of our home. But if you feel like you are autistic, than you probably are.. autism is a spectrum remember :) Don't give up on doing an assessment, get in touch with them asap or try to find somewhere else more reliable because the fact they haven't contacted you is terrible!

• I began an assement for Autism at the beginning of the year but have heard nothing more. could they have decided I don’t have Autism.

Call them and ask for an update. You will get an answer.

Problem solved.

Grinning