Britain's Got Talent

Hi, 

Sorry I haven't been on here for a while. I just wanted to ask, has anyone here ever auditioned for Britain's Got Talent, and if so, what was your experience like?

• Do they, I don't watch it, but it must just be when I've caught bits of it that the acts have been non Uk residents.

• They do invite acts from overseas but all version of the Got Talent format do that now. Still, of the 16 winners they've had, 15 of them have been based in the UK.

• I don't have any talent!

Seriously though whenever I catch any of it, most of the contestants seem to be foreign and don't live here, surely if much of the talent isn't resident in Britain it should be called World got Talent or something?

• These shows are actively looking for incredibly good talent and talent they can tear to shreds on national TV. One may be accepted on the basis of either. An audition could end up viral as you'll sign away rights. 

If you're looking to perform, I'd advise to start local- open mic nights, poetry clubs, even festivals which attract what you might be skilled at and so on. I think there's even a fire throwing squad in MCR that meets up to collectively practice in Deansgate.

• I applied once when I was 14. I didn't actually go to the audition because I didn't have much of a talent...

But I watch and enjoy it every year.