Safety First has failed

This obsession with 'Safe Spaces' has failed our society. Out of it emerged a Militant Nihlism; Hell-Bent on stamping toes.

We need to restore the Position of the Father, in a Family, and the concept of Respect.

When I was younger, I resented being smacked; by my Mum. And became passionate about banning Corporal Punishment. Now, on reflection, I see that it was the best thing to ever happen me. I was supposed to externalise, rather than internalise.

Parents
  • Corporal punishment just teaches kids that someone who is bigger and stronger and has more power can force their will on someone who is smaller and weaker. It teaches compliance whilst somebody is watching.  We need a society which promotes internal moral responsibility - the golden rule of "do as you would be done by " rather than fear of external punishment. We need to teach our kids by example to be caring and empathetic, to show respect and follow the norms of acceptable behaviour.

Truly moral behaviour is doing what you know to be right, even when you know nobody is watching. 

• Golly so many people around who want to punish others, I don't think it's about discipline I think it's about revenge.

Reply Children
No Data