I never go on holiday and it gets me depressed

Hi I'm in my 40's and I am autistic and I never go on holiday. I have no family to go with and I really get jealous when everyone I know says they've been here , there and everywhere  and I just feel whys it never my chance to go away. I can't travel alone as I have learning disabilities and can't follow directions and have no common sense whatever that is and I would love to go to Devon or Northumberland or Scotland. But I have nobody who would want to take me and I live very far from these places and I can't travel alone.

I feel so jealous when people can go on multiple holidays in a year, I haven't been anywhere, I feel like I'm the only one who never goes away. 

Parents
  • i dont use public transport much, i used the train once and was nervous as i never used the train and didnt know how it worked, they had computer screen thingies to get the tickets from there and then and a guy came over while i was doing it to help anyway, then he pointed me to the place where my ticket said my train would be pulling up at. so it was pretty easy. and im from the north west so our trains are stupid as you need to keep jumping trains because the train lines dont all go everywhere and are not connected so you need to change trains like 5 times to get anywhere because the lines in the north west are stupid.

• A coach trip is a good suggestion - I've considered this myself. I can't use trains (multiple reasons including fear of ending up at the wrong destination, noise in the station and the general bustle) and I don't drive. 

I wanted to take a trip to Edinburgh to see the pandas but they've gone back to China now :( 

I think if I do feel brave enough to book a coach trip I will just go on a trip to the coast for a few days where I will be close enough to home to call my daughter to come and get me if I hate it! 

• A coach trip is a good suggestion - I've considered this myself. I can't use trains (multiple reasons including fear of ending up at the wrong destination, noise in the station and the general bustle) and I don't drive. 

I wanted to take a trip to Edinburgh to see the pandas but they've gone back to China now :( 

I think if I do feel brave enough to book a coach trip I will just go on a trip to the coast for a few days where I will be close enough to home to call my daughter to come and get me if I hate it! 

Children
No Data