Abusive Relationship

Hello

I'm really struggling with PTSD, burn out, depression, severe fatigue after being in an abusive relationship. It's hard healing because I am very isolated and I didn't see the signs so people I was speaking to thought I was alright. Most therapists dont understand autism and complex trauma. I haven't been able to find communities online

I'm not able to make much sense but wanted to know if there is anyone that has navigated this and would you be willing to share your experience?

Parents
  • Generally, I do isolate myself now though. It's been a real struggle, losing friends because of the trauma of the relationship and chronic fatigue and illness, but I've sort of come to terms with it now. I see it as time to work on my self , my daughter and my home, and come to terms with feeling safe being alone most of the time, and I hope that learning to feel comfortable with the space will mean that that space is reserved for the right person/safe people, should they come along, as I believe part of the reson for me being drawn into abusive relationships (as well as my vulnerability) is that I was fearful of abandonment and scared to be alone. 

• Generally, I do isolate myself now though. It's been a real struggle, losing friends because of the trauma of the relationship and chronic fatigue and illness, but I've sort of come to terms with it now. I see it as time to work on my self , my daughter and my home, and come to terms with feeling safe being alone most of the time, and I hope that learning to feel comfortable with the space will mean that that space is reserved for the right person/safe people, should they come along, as I believe part of the reson for me being drawn into abusive relationships (as well as my vulnerability) is that I was fearful of abandonment and scared to be alone. 

Children
No Data