This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

I Think People On Here Forget I’m From America

In America, you have a lot of things to fear wherever you are in the country, especially if you’re any minority group.

If you are BIPOC, you have a higher chance to be murdered, even by law enforcement. (Sources: https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/police-killings-latinos/2021/05/31/657bb7be-b4d4-11eb-a980-a60af976ed44_story.html, George Floyd and many other black men and women killed or indigenous people that have gone missing.)

Being LGBTQ+ you have a higher chance to be murdered. While there hasn’t been murder by law enforcement, they can be very discriminatory towards LGBTQ+ as well with the most recent being one of them intentionally driving their car into a gay bar and arrests the owner (Source: https://www.carscoops.com/2023/12/cop-who-crashed-suv-into-gay-bar-and-arrested-owner-ran-red-light-before-says-lawyer/)

Being mentally disabled can get you murdered, even by law enforcement. (Source: https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2022/nov/24/christian-glass-death-police-sheriff-deputies-indicted)

I’m a Hispanic, gay Autistic male, imagine the constant fear that you have to live with, especially in a country where there’s no hate crime laws protecting minority groups with the only exception being places of businesses where they cannot deny you services or a job based on your race, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation or disability.

Does anyone pay attention to the mess that is going on in America? You can’t even go anywhere these days without the possibility of being shot at in a mass shooting. (Source: https://www.gunviolencearchive.org/reports/mass-shooting)

When you live in constant fear for your life in a country that has no accountability or care for people’s safety, especially minority groups, due to the whole idea of “free speech”, than maybe people on here would understand why I think and feel the way I do because it’s logical and common sense to look at the mess America is becoming and see how letting hate and discrimination go unchecked ends horribly for people of minority groups because of outdated ideologies, not to mention the country’s entire history since the beginning of its colonization when you look past the whitewashed history that is taught in schools and look at the actual historical facts.

Lot of people don’t know that in America we are taught that taxation without representation is wrong and part of why America left the UK but then they turn around and do the same thing to US territories like Puerto Rico who has no representation in the US government whatsoever and cannot make any decisions without the approval of the US government but yet they are taxed and cannot vote for the president, House Reps or Senators unless they have property in one of the 50 states and are registered there and many cannot afford to do so. 

People can find me offensive or think that minorities should bow to the majority but that only shows how much people don’t look at America and what’s happening there and don’t realize that if it’s happening there it can happen to anyone anywhere. But people can think what they want. It’s whatever.

Parents
  • Reminder of Rule 5: 

Be nice to one another and enjoy chatting with others. We encourage conversation and respectful debate; please be aware that individuals may give opinions which are not shared by other members. Insulting posts or comments making personal jibes will not be tolerated.   

• Agreed. Love how I’m being accused of not being an American when I have a white American mother and a Puerto Rican father, both of whom are US CITIZENS and I was born at a naval hospital in San Diego, California. Who the heck is anyone to tell me I’m not an American for calling out the blatant hypocrisy and racism by the US government of the taxation of Puerto Rico without representation? None of the Us territories should be taxed without having proper representation in the House and Senate so they can have a voice and a vote. Also, just cause people don’t research how Puerto Rico has to become a state it doesn’t just fall on the majority of the island voting for it, it also falls on the House and Senate.

Source: www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/.../

Quote: Only Congress can authorize a referendum, as it has supreme power. In other words, neither the results of popular votes, the decisions of the authorities of Puerto Rico, nor the orders of the US executive branch play a key role in granting statehood to the territory.

• I know right! You're a regular victim! You pretend to be Puerto-Rican when it suits and American when it doesn't. Tell me, how many of your family served in the Us military protecting your country (when it's convenient to be part of your country.)

How is being a permanent victim treating you. If America didn't protect your ancestors with mine before either of us were born, would you like your grandparents to be brought to the Russian gulag's?
    You're so enlightened a modern day professional victim. That's where I recognize you from! Another American pretending they aren't when it serves their victim mentality and when it does out on the streets proudly proclaiming how great you and your little tiny minuscule island really are!

Man you're tough! I am so scared! One of thousands of little islands have the nerve to tell me "how dare I!"

Dude I don't know if you're clued into reality but you might want to check our the Tytler cycle of nations as well as the Strauss–Howe generational theory because by both metrics we are entering either a 2nd civil war or a 3rd world war and your BS liberal TRASH isn't going to work when 2/3rds of the nation is ARMED and you AREN'T.

• I know right! You're a regular victim! You pretend to be Puerto-Rican when it suits and American when it doesn't. Tell me, how many of your family served in the Us military protecting your country (when it's convenient to be part of your country.)

How is being a permanent victim treating you. If America didn't protect your ancestors with mine before either of us were born, would you like your grandparents to be brought to the Russian gulag's?
    You're so enlightened a modern day professional victim. That's where I recognize you from! Another American pretending they aren't when it serves their victim mentality and when it does out on the streets proudly proclaiming how great you and your little tiny minuscule island really are!

Man you're tough! I am so scared! One of thousands of little islands have the nerve to tell me "how dare I!"

Dude I don't know if you're clued into reality but you might want to check our the Tytler cycle of nations as well as the Strauss–Howe generational theory because by both metrics we are entering either a 2nd civil war or a 3rd world war and your BS liberal TRASH isn't going to work when 2/3rds of the nation is ARMED and you AREN'T.

Children
No Data