This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

I Think People On Here Forget I’m From America

In America, you have a lot of things to fear wherever you are in the country, especially if you’re any minority group.

If you are BIPOC, you have a higher chance to be murdered, even by law enforcement. (Sources: https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/police-killings-latinos/2021/05/31/657bb7be-b4d4-11eb-a980-a60af976ed44_story.html, George Floyd and many other black men and women killed or indigenous people that have gone missing.)

Being LGBTQ+ you have a higher chance to be murdered. While there hasn’t been murder by law enforcement, they can be very discriminatory towards LGBTQ+ as well with the most recent being one of them intentionally driving their car into a gay bar and arrests the owner (Source: https://www.carscoops.com/2023/12/cop-who-crashed-suv-into-gay-bar-and-arrested-owner-ran-red-light-before-says-lawyer/)

Being mentally disabled can get you murdered, even by law enforcement. (Source: https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2022/nov/24/christian-glass-death-police-sheriff-deputies-indicted)

I’m a Hispanic, gay Autistic male, imagine the constant fear that you have to live with, especially in a country where there’s no hate crime laws protecting minority groups with the only exception being places of businesses where they cannot deny you services or a job based on your race, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation or disability.

Does anyone pay attention to the mess that is going on in America? You can’t even go anywhere these days without the possibility of being shot at in a mass shooting. (Source: https://www.gunviolencearchive.org/reports/mass-shooting)

When you live in constant fear for your life in a country that has no accountability or care for people’s safety, especially minority groups, due to the whole idea of “free speech”, than maybe people on here would understand why I think and feel the way I do because it’s logical and common sense to look at the mess America is becoming and see how letting hate and discrimination go unchecked ends horribly for people of minority groups because of outdated ideologies, not to mention the country’s entire history since the beginning of its colonization when you look past the whitewashed history that is taught in schools and look at the actual historical facts.

Lot of people don’t know that in America we are taught that taxation without representation is wrong and part of why America left the UK but then they turn around and do the same thing to US territories like Puerto Rico who has no representation in the US government whatsoever and cannot make any decisions without the approval of the US government but yet they are taxed and cannot vote for the president, House Reps or Senators unless they have property in one of the 50 states and are registered there and many cannot afford to do so. 

People can find me offensive or think that minorities should bow to the majority but that only shows how much people don’t look at America and what’s happening there and don’t realize that if it’s happening there it can happen to anyone anywhere. But people can think what they want. It’s whatever.

Parents
  • As an American born and raised in Southern New England you are victimizing yourself on things which ARE NOT TRUE. I almost couldn't read through all of this BS.

Nobody lives in constant fear of their lives in this country!! I live in Rhode Island, literally 90% Hispanic. I was jumped by hispanics TWICE in the last year and I'm white. I am going to have surgery 2 months from now for my broken nose.

This is utter BS!!! This person makes America out to be Nazi Germany for non-whites. I can tell you with Bidenomics and 10MILLION illegal immigrants in the last 2 years alone, this is utter BS!!

Puerto Rico is not only protected by the US, this person doesn't even know that they VOTED to NOT be part of the US while they get $5 BILLION in our taxes to protect them from hurricanes.

You ARE offensive because you are both a LIAR and troublemaker.

Literally everything written by this person speaks of BOT and NONE of it is true.

I challenge you to respond to me and I will obliterate your BS! You want to sow discord. What a joy that the first Autistic site I came across living in Providence, Rhode Island, between Boston and NYC, would be someone trying to incite a faux reality of our country to them.

Just for the record, I DOWN VOTE you even though it can't be done for the first post. You are both a LIAR and a FRAUD!

I challenge you to PROVE any of your claims as I will disprove them. I've been tracking hurricanes in the Atlantic for 20 years and ran a website to help people in Puerto Rico and ALL the Caribbean.

Why don't you tell this site about how your Governor destroyed TONS of food and water to disparage our President at the time when WE sent over $2 Billon in taxpayer aid to Puerto Rico when Hurricane Maria stuck as a Cat 5!!!

We sent our money, YOUR governor didn't give it to the people because she wanted to influence OUR presidential election.

• Do you have a source for Puerto Rico voting against statehood? All I can find recently is a referendum where a slight majority voted in favour of becoming a state.

And Trump doesn't need any help to be disparaged. 

• Do you have a source for believing the BS of the OP? How about I bring up in the next post everything I said about Hurricane Maria, the governor of Puerto Rico DENYING the people of food and water in order to alter US Presidential elections?

Because the next time you post your google search, I guarantee you I'll post 5 videos of what ALL of America saw, while YOU pretend to know OUR politics.

Or maybe you'll look it up yourself first and save yourself future embarrassment because you're already treading tepid water pretending it's frozen..

• Clearly you are not an American. Our diebold voting system for the 2020 election were created by the CIA to manipulate South American elections. I am clearly more aware of your elections and the fact that the British people voted to BREXIT while your politicians told you to go F yourselves than you are aware that our government literally put in place the very voting machines they used to overthrow democratically elected officials in South America under the rule of a Democrat president names Obama.

Do you guys all get the news from the big 3 lying news stations about America? I thought Americans were the laughing stock of the world? Apparently they know and I, more than you so what does that say about YOU?

• I guess if you believe that Puerto Rico not handing out emergency supplies is the most notable case of US election tampering in the last 10 years, there's not much I can say.

How can a Republican governor sabotage an election for a Republican president? That makes absolutely no sense to sabotage your own party. There was no election tampering by Puerto Rico btw everyone, just so that’s clear, unless Puerto Ricans have property in one of the 50 states of America, any Puerto Rican who lives on the island cannot vote in general or mid term elections. So there’s no way Puerto Rico can tamper with an election. The poor mismanagement of Hurricane Maria played no part in the election outcome and had more to do with the embarrassment of having Donald J. trump as a president making us look like absolute fools to the rest of the world. That is not election tampering, that’s called get a better candidate that isn’t a narcissistic sociopath who wants to be a dictator and destroy the American democracy for the Republican Party.

• Do you have a source for believing the BS of the OP? How about I bring up in the next post everything I said about Hurricane Maria, the governor of Puerto Rico DENYING the people of food and water in order to alter US Presidential elections?

Just for clarification again, this was a REPUBLICAN governor that did this, NOT A DEMOCRAT governor.

• Don't cherry pick. If you want this answer answer everything you are countering. First answer the fact that a DEMOCRAT governor of Puerto-Rico denied food and water to over 1 million residents of Puerto-Rico after hurricane Maria as I stated, in order to subjugate a US ELECTION.

My goodness if Puerto-Rico isn't already part of the US getting $5 BILLION in US TAXPAYER money and trying to starve and kill their own people to change OUR election because a DEMOCRAT governor wanted to sway our elections as a city-state, please by all means tell me Brit who lost to William Wallace and George Washington while colonizing half the world while trying to talk down to the people your people colonized along with the Irish, Scottish,Canadians,Indians and Africans.

You know so little about so much, I am flabbergasted at your inability to speak the truth!

• Don't cherry pick. If you want this answer answer everything you are countering. First answer the fact that a DEMOCRAT governor of Puerto-Rico denied food and water to over 1 million residents of Puerto-Rico after hurricane Maria as I stated, in order to subjugate a US ELECTION.

My goodness if Puerto-Rico isn't already part of the US getting $5 BILLION in US TAXPAYER money and trying to starve and kill their own people to change OUR election because a DEMOCRAT governor wanted to sway our elections as a city-state, please by all means tell me Brit who lost to William Wallace and George Washington while colonizing half the world while trying to talk down to the people your people colonized along with the Irish, Scottish,Canadians,Indians and Africans.

You know so little about so much, I am flabbergasted at your inability to speak the truth!

Children
No Data