University accommodations

Hello!

Realising I’m struggling a lot more than my peers with my university course- I managed to get as far as arranging a meeting with the disability advisors, but I’m worried that because I didn’t need support in my first two years it’s going to be harder to access support now. 

My other issue is that I have absolutely no idea what to ask for (accommodations-wise)! I’ve had access to extra time, but never really thought there were other options out there. This year my exams are in person (and handwritten) for the first time in 6 years. I’ve also noticed I really struggle with deadlines especially when there are multiple coming up (I think because of difficulty switching focus/changing activity) and staying on topic.
Has anyone ever had assessments done as a sort of ‘test of understanding’ interview instead of a written examination? Or could you offer suggestions for accommodations I could ask for? Thank you!

Parents
  • When looking for university accommodations, it can be a bit overwhelming to know where to start, especially when considering the specific needs related to autism. A few things that might help are seeking out sensory-friendly environments and ensuring the accommodations offer supportive services. Many universities have dedicated teams to assist with this, so reaching out to them early can be beneficial.Another option is exploring nearby accommodations if living on campus doesn't seem like the right fit. 

• When looking for university accommodations, it can be a bit overwhelming to know where to start, especially when considering the specific needs related to autism. A few things that might help are seeking out sensory-friendly environments and ensuring the accommodations offer supportive services. Many universities have dedicated teams to assist with this, so reaching out to them early can be beneficial.Another option is exploring nearby accommodations if living on campus doesn't seem like the right fit. 

Children
No Data