University accommodations

Hello!

Realising I’m struggling a lot more than my peers with my university course- I managed to get as far as arranging a meeting with the disability advisors, but I’m worried that because I didn’t need support in my first two years it’s going to be harder to access support now. 

My other issue is that I have absolutely no idea what to ask for (accommodations-wise)! I’ve had access to extra time, but never really thought there were other options out there. This year my exams are in person (and handwritten) for the first time in 6 years. I’ve also noticed I really struggle with deadlines especially when there are multiple coming up (I think because of difficulty switching focus/changing activity) and staying on topic.
Has anyone ever had assessments done as a sort of ‘test of understanding’ interview instead of a written examination? Or could you offer suggestions for accommodations I could ask for? Thank you!

Parents
  • For exams, considering your struggles with deadlines and staying on topic, requesting extra time and perhaps a quiet, distraction-free environment could be beneficial. As for alternative assessment methods, like a 'test of understanding' interview, definitely bring it up with your advisors. They're there to explore all options that might suit you best.

• For exams, considering your struggles with deadlines and staying on topic, requesting extra time and perhaps a quiet, distraction-free environment could be beneficial. As for alternative assessment methods, like a 'test of understanding' interview, definitely bring it up with your advisors. They're there to explore all options that might suit you best.

Children
No Data