Son

Hi

I have a 14 year old son who has yet to be diagnosed, his psychologist is sure he has Aspergers and we are now on the ASD pathway.

He hasn't been to school for nearly 2 years and is home tutored, he was an A* pupil and on the gifted and talented register.

In the last month or two I have noticed uneplained marks and scratches on his body and this morning a really nasty soore on his leg.  I think he may be self harming and I don't know what to do.

Parents
  • Just something that occurred to me, have you thought about another way to communicate with him about his feelings? Maybe via email, or a note book. perhaps he feels stressed and pressured into saying the right thing and he's not sure what that is So keeps changing it. Giving him a way to think about the real him without pressure may help towards eventually being able to talk face to face and feel comfortable.

emma 

ps (schools not everything ;-) )

• Just something that occurred to me, have you thought about another way to communicate with him about his feelings? Maybe via email, or a note book. perhaps he feels stressed and pressured into saying the right thing and he's not sure what that is So keeps changing it. Giving him a way to think about the real him without pressure may help towards eventually being able to talk face to face and feel comfortable.

emma 

ps (schools not everything ;-) )

Children
No Data