Ancient threads from the dungeon dimensions

Where are all these ancient threads being dug up from? I look at them and many seem not to have had a post on them for months or even years, is there an onsire thread archaelogist?

Parents
  • I do wonder when someone with five points suddenly resurrects a five year old thread without so much as a hello 

• five points suddenly resurrects a five year old thread

Bots I think usually (Number, where are you?).

This time though it's one particular user, new, who has resurrected a lot of threads.

I counted early this morning how many had come back up via this member quite randomly and at that time it was the high 20s (yes, I do have better things to do) ...

• In fairness, I think that person is simply a new user who has responded to a bunch of old threads and I don’t have a problem with that.

• There's a lot of it on this forum. If the bot (or whatever it is) isn't selling, then it's buying, so to speak. 

I agree that sometimes these resurrected threads invite controversy, but they also seek opinion- and that's what it's about, (maybe) data gathering, for whatever purpose.

I would be cautious about responding to a long-dead thread. Its resurrection is a choice, requiring some effort. You're not likely to stumble across a 5, 10 year thread without looking.

Most actual people arriving here are either introducing themselves or joining current discussions.

Although whether all of them are actual people is another question. 

• There's a lot of it on this forum. If the bot (or whatever it is) isn't selling, then it's buying, so to speak. 

I agree that sometimes these resurrected threads invite controversy, but they also seek opinion- and that's what it's about, (maybe) data gathering, for whatever purpose.

I would be cautious about responding to a long-dead thread. Its resurrection is a choice, requiring some effort. You're not likely to stumble across a 5, 10 year thread without looking.

Most actual people arriving here are either introducing themselves or joining current discussions.

Although whether all of them are actual people is another question. 

Children
No Data