It makes no sense!

There are lots of things in the NT world that to me make no sense, like swearing, why is it bad? Why do people say that people who swear have poor language skillsWhy am I being difficult because I don't like Chinese food?

IN general why do people think that I dont' mean what I say and have to challenge me ridiculous stuff, like what to plant in my garden, I know what will and won't grow in it.

Why is it seen as respectful to drive at 40mph on a motorway when it's a hearse being driven, or just drive really slowly on a normal road?

Parents
  • I think that maybe NTs think that you don’t mean what you say, because they themselves often behave this way, so they assume you do the same. For me the most ridiculous question in a small talk is “how are you” I finally figured out that they don’t actually want me to say, how I really am. It’s just a social norm in NT world. I just got used to it, although it never stopped intriguing me. People usually asses other according to their own standards. For example If someone is a liar, they gonna assume that all people around constantly lie. It’s not that I think that all NT people are liars. Just an example. About Chinese food I don’t know why it’s an issue for anyone. Anyone may like/ dislike certain types of food doesn’t matter NT or ND.

• I think that maybe NTs think that you don’t mean what you say, because they themselves often behave this way, so they assume you do the same. For me the most ridiculous question in a small talk is “how are you” I finally figured out that they don’t actually want me to say, how I really am. It’s just a social norm in NT world. I just got used to it, although it never stopped intriguing me. People usually asses other according to their own standards. For example If someone is a liar, they gonna assume that all people around constantly lie. It’s not that I think that all NT people are liars. Just an example. About Chinese food I don’t know why it’s an issue for anyone. Anyone may like/ dislike certain types of food doesn’t matter NT or ND.

Children
  • Oh yes, Fine:- F*cked up, Insecure, Neurotic (and) Egotistical.

Many of my examples are personal, but one of the things I've found in regard to food is that people do get very worked up about it. When a group of friends or collegues want to go out for a meal and pick a restaurant where theres nothing I like or can eat, I'm happy for them to go with out me and say so, I tell them I don't want them to always feel they have to accomodate my needs. That seems to be unacceptable and a great debate is needed, all of it focussed on me, my needs are seen as both inconvienient and needing to be met, other people then complain and a load of resentment happens, all aimed at me of course as I'm the one with "the problem". Why can' tthey just take me at my word and go without me?

I get that respecting the dead is what a funeral is about, as well as respecting the grief of the living, about the rituals associated with letting go and the transition from being alive to being dead.  Actually mortuary rituals are something that quite fascinate me, there are so many and have been so many over time, but I still don't understand why a hearse has to be driven so slowly?