Newly diagnosed, who do I tell

I’ve just found out today I’m autistic,

I’m a 40 year old male and I don’t know who to tell other than my wife and children. 
do I keep this to myself or let the world know

Parents
  • Age 53 and having been diagnosed in 2021, I can understand the reluctance to disclose a diagnosis of autism, given the lack of adult post diagnostic support, especially since post diagnostic assessments are not a legal entitlement nor requirement, so how can one possibly determine nor identify what one’s post diagnostic support needs are as an autistic adult? - post diagnostic assessments are the gateway to post diagnostic supports for many autistic adults, even for those of us who are high-functioning - frankly, I cannot understand the reluctance and/or refusal of those in power to understand and accept this basic point and frankly, it is a thundering disgrace that we are left in effective limbo - with an increasing autistic population in the coming years, as more autistic people are diagnosed later in life, we are going to have a serious problem in the years and decades ahead - it is the very definition of insanity to focus all autism support on children alone, whether NHS or private 

• Age 53 and having been diagnosed in 2021, I can understand the reluctance to disclose a diagnosis of autism, given the lack of adult post diagnostic support, especially since post diagnostic assessments are not a legal entitlement nor requirement, so how can one possibly determine nor identify what one’s post diagnostic support needs are as an autistic adult? - post diagnostic assessments are the gateway to post diagnostic supports for many autistic adults, even for those of us who are high-functioning - frankly, I cannot understand the reluctance and/or refusal of those in power to understand and accept this basic point and frankly, it is a thundering disgrace that we are left in effective limbo - with an increasing autistic population in the coming years, as more autistic people are diagnosed later in life, we are going to have a serious problem in the years and decades ahead - it is the very definition of insanity to focus all autism support on children alone, whether NHS or private 

Children
No Data