School senco not helping

Hi I just wondered if I could get some help.

My son was referred to cahms in 2020 for assessment. 

Due to covid everything went *** up and eventually the gp chased it up last year. 

Earlier this year cahms contacted me to say that the local council inclusion team now do the assessments.

I then recieved the attached letter. 

I contacted the school and sent a copy of the letter for my sons file. 

After contacting the school to speak to the senco and 4 follow up calls she finally called me back 4 weeks later.

Despite the letter she is saying that my son does NOT need any further assistance. 

Back in 2020 when cahms started assessment they pin pointed a minimum of 12 different traits my son expressed.

Please can I have advice on next steps as the school senco will not help and my son starts high school in September.

[Removed by moderator]

• Reminder of Rule 2:

This Community forum is public, so do not post personal or identifying details. This includes, but is not limited to, full names, addresses, contact details, social media, or photographs of yourself.  

• Thank you so much. I will try those things. The senco keeps saying she can't see any evidence despite me outlining things and keeps telling me to go to cahms despite the letter telling her to refer to inclusion. It's so confusing.  I have tried to contact cahms but no luck so have booked another gp appointment.  

1. Hi, I’m in Sandwell and it seems that CAHMS make their own rules up. Maybe can’t deal with the work load Rolling eyes  I was basically told the opposite! My son was referred due to mental health issues such as anxiety but I had a letter saying to contact them back when I have the evidence of the need to asses for a neurodiversity assessment (CCAT team through SENCO have already processed a referral). No offer of help and discarged us!

Not much advice but maybe speak to SENDIASS though I had no luck with these, maybe contact autism West Midlands for advice as they are really good and I’d arrange a meeting with the senco and outline all your child’s needs and how they are actually supporting. Go for a EHCP as well if not already.