Songs that could be interpreted as about autism.

Just for fun. What are some songs that their lyrics could be interpreted as they're about autism? Or you always resonated with them regarding your autism experience?

I searched through my songs to find some, and it was harder than I thought 

1- De Do Do Do, De Da Da Da - by The Police - kind of a funny song

2- Conversation Piece - by David Bowie - This one's a bit negative and sad though 

Parents
  • Perhaps there's a case to be made that the beautifully melancholy 'Never Never' by The Assembly (Feargal Sharkey) is about masking only ever obliquely connecting with the social  experiences that come as frequently and naturally to neurotypicals as breathing. They seem to have it 'all worked out' because they don't, it's all an intuitive reflex taken for granted and not a strained '...like this?' imitation, doomed to failure. 

• TW: HOMOPHOBIA

I just listened to it and I love it! The instruments are so beautiful sounding too. It also feels like my experience of being gay in a place where gay relationships are punished, I desire romance so much, I learn about and think about it a lot, I would know what to say if I were in a romantic situation, but at the end it's just a game and fantasy and might never happen and I think the reality that it might never happen hasn't even hit me hard enough yet. Thanks for sharing this beautiful song. 

• Also, do you think I should put a trigger warning when I share things like this? It might be upsetting to some people I guess. 

• Nah it's cool. 

Reply Children
No Data