Songs that could be interpreted as about autism.

Just for fun. What are some songs that their lyrics could be interpreted as they're about autism? Or you always resonated with them regarding your autism experience?

I searched through my songs to find some, and it was harder than I thought 

1- De Do Do Do, De Da Da Da - by The Police - kind of a funny song

2- Conversation Piece - by David Bowie - This one's a bit negative and sad though 

Parents
  • Perhaps there's a case to be made that the beautifully melancholy 'Never Never' by The Assembly (Feargal Sharkey) is about masking only ever obliquely connecting with the social  experiences that come as frequently and naturally to neurotypicals as breathing. They seem to have it 'all worked out' because they don't, it's all an intuitive reflex taken for granted and not a strained '...like this?' imitation, doomed to failure. 

• I think I inadvertently there pushed the narrative that masking is an act of will and not in itself reflexive/learned. But hopefully the gist of what I meant was clear enough, I just don't like that it was insufficiently nuanced. 

• I think I inadvertently there pushed the narrative that masking is an act of will and not in itself reflexive/learned. But hopefully the gist of what I meant was clear enough, I just don't like that it was insufficiently nuanced. 

Children
  • That's pretty cool even being inefficiently wordy lol : ) 

• I used to think one of my few strengths was being fairly articulate. Then I realised I'm just wordy! And often inefficiently so. :-) 

Thanks though! I've dipped into philosophy, but not extensively. Reading up on, and listening to, stuff on stoicism helped me through an especially hard time not so long ago. I still dip into things like The School of Life and Eckharte Tolle on YouTube to keep my hand in with staying grounded as best I can.   

• Just out of curiosity, do you like philosophy or reading philosophy? I used to read it a lot and I don't know, something about the way you write reminded me of me back then, also you use more complex words I think. Do you think you have a great vocabulary?