Orion Kelly

I don’t think that man is autistic, I think he’s a fraud. This is why. Turn down the volume on his YouTube video and watch his body language, there’s a patter to it.

(1)Moving his hands, sweeping his palm over his face when he says ‘focus’ then pointing his finger straight away when he says ‘point’, then on to the next gesture deftly and seamlessly. That is so non-autistic. 

(2) Tilting his head, showing off his shiny white teeth, pushing his head forward and opening his eyes wide to express surprise then squinting back to express irony, then onto the next gesture, etc, you get the point and I haven’t even mentioned (3) his nuanced tone of voice and choice of words. I don’t recognize anything at all autistic about this. 

Mr Kelly is far more expressive, persuasive and superficially charming than most neurotypical people let alone anyone autistic but it’s (4) the unblinking way he stares at the screen which gives him away. 

Unblinking staring like that is often symptomatic of narcissistic personality disorder and all that implies for his other behaviours, the glib charm, the persuasiveness, the skilful self-promotion which makes Mr Kelly someone you should want to avoid not befriend. 

I totally get it that some people out there love him to bits but if that were someone I knew I would try to dissuade them from him. I’m perfectly happy to reply to this. 

Parents
  • I don’t recognize anything at all autistic about this. 

Well, that is interesting because I don't recognise anything autistic about this authored post above either.

The 'thoughts', accusations and writing in the OP are simply typical of two types of presences here on this forum;

1) NT human trolls that pop-up here to try and spread harm

2) Automated, computer generated, spam bots that also pop-up here to try and sow God knows what ?!

Being autistic, I don't feel the need to accuse NAS92453 of being anything at all, but (again, because I am autistic) I do feel the need to rebalance written opinions and observations - especially if there is a besmirched party involved who is not here to defend themselves.

• 2) Automated, computer generated, spam bots that also pop-up here to try and sow God knows what ?!

If you do not mind, I can tell you. Social media engineers use free forums like this to train simple AI for the chatbots. You let the AI interact with the userbase for a while, in order to absorb the writing patterns and the language. Later, the output is incorporated in a larger AI so you can prompt things like "speak like an high functioning autistic English man" or "speak like a young low functioning autistic American woman". 

Welcome to the future, mate.  

• lets hope they dont feed it too many of my comments then because the ai bot will be difficult and argumentative at times and become a nuclear chat bot.

• "AI, can you talk like an argumentative British aspie with a tendency to go nuclear once in a while?"

"Yes. I was trained by the best"

• This is definitely my favourite comment of the week.

Reply Children
No Data