Do you hate having ASD and wish you were neurotypical ?

Since realising that I am ‘on the spectrum, (having been assessed and diagnosed) which of course explains and gives reason for my behaviour and way of thinking, nonetheless, I’ve come to bitterly regret being this way - to the extent of feeling cursed. Does anybody else feel this way and would you - as I do - take a safe cure for it, if there was one? I’d hate to think I was alone in this regard.

Parents
  • You are asking people if they would like to undo an entire lifetime of getting to know themselves, to reset their personality to zero and start again from scratch as a person with completely new foms of perception and behaviour, and therefore opions and values. I think that would be be harder and more stressful than just learning to cope with having ASD. Not to mention losing all the cool benefits of being neurotypical. Be careful what you wish for. Hollywood movies are very specific about that, it always turns out bad.

• You are asking people if they would like to undo an entire lifetime of getting to know themselves, to reset their personality to zero and start again from scratch as a person with completely new foms of perception and behaviour, and therefore opions and values. I think that would be be harder and more stressful than just learning to cope with having ASD. Not to mention losing all the cool benefits of being neurotypical. Be careful what you wish for. Hollywood movies are very specific about that, it always turns out bad.

Children