Do you hate having ASD and wish you were neurotypical ?

Since realising that I am ‘on the spectrum, (having been assessed and diagnosed) which of course explains and gives reason for my behaviour and way of thinking, nonetheless, I’ve come to bitterly regret being this way - to the extent of feeling cursed. Does anybody else feel this way and would you - as I do - take a safe cure for it, if there was one? I’d hate to think I was alone in this regard.

Parents
  • I agree with Martin

Although I do struggle sometimes and it can get all too much I’m happy to be different. The reason is a lot of the Nt people I know are quite self focused and more often than not put themselves before others. I do understand sometimes this has to be the way but I go out of my way to help others even if that is just letting them talk and me listening. I wouldn’t change that for anything and the one thing I actually like about myself  are my values. 

Good luck with your journey 

• I agree with Martin

Although I do struggle sometimes and it can get all too much I’m happy to be different. The reason is a lot of the Nt people I know are quite self focused and more often than not put themselves before others. I do understand sometimes this has to be the way but I go out of my way to help others even if that is just letting them talk and me listening. I wouldn’t change that for anything and the one thing I actually like about myself  are my values. 

Good luck with your journey 

Children
  • Just to add to that, something that became apparent to me on discovering this forum was that the neurodivergent community are so quick to listen, to try and help one another and genuinely offer advice. I have never ever with any of my Nt friends had this before, it just ends up that they relate your problems to themselves and then off they go with what they want to talk about. 

I love this place and everyone here

accept the bots