Do you hate having ASD and wish you were neurotypical ?

Since realising that I am ‘on the spectrum, (having been assessed and diagnosed) which of course explains and gives reason for my behaviour and way of thinking, nonetheless, I’ve come to bitterly regret being this way - to the extent of feeling cursed. Does anybody else feel this way and would you - as I do - take a safe cure for it, if there was one? I’d hate to think I was alone in this regard.

Parents
  • Not really no. I like being autistic, it makes me different but I feel like that's a good thing. There's a few challenges with being autistic but I see a lot of positives too. My autism makes me deeply passionate about the things I'm interested in, I'm a natural mimic, very observant, fast learner, very good memory and I seem to get on well with everyone I meet.
    I'm also a very childlike girl despite I'm nearly 27 I still love playing with my toys and watching kids shows. I also don't look my age which I've read before is an autistic thing. I love being autistic and I wouldn't change if I could.

• Not really no. I like being autistic, it makes me different but I feel like that's a good thing. There's a few challenges with being autistic but I see a lot of positives too. My autism makes me deeply passionate about the things I'm interested in, I'm a natural mimic, very observant, fast learner, very good memory and I seem to get on well with everyone I meet.
    I'm also a very childlike girl despite I'm nearly 27 I still love playing with my toys and watching kids shows. I also don't look my age which I've read before is an autistic thing. I love being autistic and I wouldn't change if I could.

Children
No Data