Do you hate having ASD and wish you were neurotypical ?

Since realising that I am ‘on the spectrum, (having been assessed and diagnosed) which of course explains and gives reason for my behaviour and way of thinking, nonetheless, I’ve come to bitterly regret being this way - to the extent of feeling cursed. Does anybody else feel this way and would you - as I do - take a safe cure for it, if there was one? I’d hate to think I was alone in this regard.

Parents
  • Kind of, I certainly did more a while ago but I think the more I learn about it and the more I find ways to adapt and to some degree harness my differences to improve my life the more I'm content with being who I am. That doesn't make it easy or take away my struggles but I think I am getting to the stage where I can appreciate who I am. Knowing more about myself I've been able to look back in hindsight at things where I've benefitted from my differences.

• Kind of, I certainly did more a while ago but I think the more I learn about it and the more I find ways to adapt and to some degree harness my differences to improve my life the more I'm content with being who I am. That doesn't make it easy or take away my struggles but I think I am getting to the stage where I can appreciate who I am. Knowing more about myself I've been able to look back in hindsight at things where I've benefitted from my differences.

Children
No Data