Online help req'd - will pay

Can anyone help? I am on the A2W scheme so am content to pay for practical online, or even "in situ", help.

It may be as simple as listening, while I articulate a problem and realise that I can manage it myself, or typing an email, or creating a file or spreadsheet for me.

Basically it's Personal Assistant work.

I have profound ADHD, which sometimes manifest as very high levels of fear over simple tasks and vice versa - insufficient levels of fear over difficult tasks, inability to prioritise.

Characteristics req'd - you would be understanding, flexible, patient, available at random hours from 7 - 9 am and/or 2.30pm - 8pm, for whenever the fear descends.

Parents
  • This doesn't feel ethical at all. If your going to pay someone it should be a professional probably not someone with ASD/ADHD. I'm sure there's a lot of people here that will give advice for free what works for them. I feel like you probably need a body double to start with.

• They want a service to be provided, and are willing to pay for it. What ethical problem? 

As an AUHD person I can understand this requirement and indeed I exchange hours woth a friend precisely to get more stuff done that we achieve on our own. I did his last thursady he's coming round to help me with my shizzle tomorrow. when time/demand assymetry creeps in, teh one needing the most time off the other  pays the other a flat and pre-agreed rate.

A "professional" will be expensive and convinced of their overweening brilliance usually, so I can see someone seeking an alternative method of obtaining help on a limited budget.. 

•  I feel like OP is looking for someone to provide some level of counselling in some respects and motivational training. Because of that I feel that it's unethical, at least in my opinion, to take this as a paid role because I'm not a professional. I feel like OP is vulnerable to being chosen by the wrong person who could take advantage and can also add to OP difficulties hence why counsellors like medics have to be licensed because  of the profound mental impact someone can have on others. Bu having a professional it would reduced the risk significantly of them being a horrible person and be able to provide scientifically  supported therapies. Whereas realistically on here we don't know who someone is for sure do we.

I get the dilemma of cost of having a professional is a difficult one but something about this whole situation just feels risky for both parties. With that being said I get where OP is coming from I just feel that they're looking in the wrong area. 

•  I feel like OP is looking for someone to provide some level of counselling in some respects and motivational training. Because of that I feel that it's unethical, at least in my opinion, to take this as a paid role because I'm not a professional. I feel like OP is vulnerable to being chosen by the wrong person who could take advantage and can also add to OP difficulties hence why counsellors like medics have to be licensed because  of the profound mental impact someone can have on others. Bu having a professional it would reduced the risk significantly of them being a horrible person and be able to provide scientifically  supported therapies. Whereas realistically on here we don't know who someone is for sure do we.

I get the dilemma of cost of having a professional is a difficult one but something about this whole situation just feels risky for both parties. With that being said I get where OP is coming from I just feel that they're looking in the wrong area. 

Children
No Data