Steve Wright

Sadly, Steve Wright has died. My mum is/was an avid fan and always listened to him on the radio. Got to say out of all the radio presenters out there he was one of my favourites, I liked his hunour and the music he generally played was always good.

RIP.

Parents
  • I was in tears when I hear, he was such a lovely lovely person. I think that BBC 2 really stressed him out by changing his schedule all the time. He was happy on air in the afternoons, and this all got changed. A lot of autistics loved his show. I think that he was a fellow autistic, maybe he was not aware of it, but he was a shy person , who was good at talking about his special interest of radio and music. 

He was like family to me, he was on the radio and it was comforting. I used to come home from school to an empty house, but Steve and his team would be on and it was like a welcoming voice. He was that friendly fatherly voice (my father abandoned me as a child), my mum was a divorced single mother. I am so grateful for his friendly voice and he always knew what to say to cheer us all up. 

I am  going to listen to all his shows on I player before they vanish. 

• Deeply sorry for your loss, Astrid. I know from things you've said privately and publicly how much you loved him and how much you fought to get him back where he was happiest- on his afternoon show. You were a true friend to him - I know he always called listeners and guests 'friends' and very authentically - and you've lost someone truly special from your life. 

Speaking for myself... yeah, it's hit hard. Steve's voice was woven through my life. Sometimes regularly, sometimes after a long gap. The guy never phoned it in in his life. A class act. Shy, funny, warm,  and truly kind. You can't fake that. 'Loved the show, Steve'. RIP. 

• Deeply sorry for your loss, Astrid. I know from things you've said privately and publicly how much you loved him and how much you fought to get him back where he was happiest- on his afternoon show. You were a true friend to him - I know he always called listeners and guests 'friends' and very authentically - and you've lost someone truly special from your life. 

Speaking for myself... yeah, it's hit hard. Steve's voice was woven through my life. Sometimes regularly, sometimes after a long gap. The guy never phoned it in in his life. A class act. Shy, funny, warm,  and truly kind. You can't fake that. 'Loved the show, Steve'. RIP. 

Children