Steve Wright

Sadly, Steve Wright has died. My mum is/was an avid fan and always listened to him on the radio. Got to say out of all the radio presenters out there he was one of my favourites, I liked his hunour and the music he generally played was always good.

RIP.

Parents
  • Steve was one of my favourite people on radio, I fondly remember his  shows on Radio 1 and then 2, I know he was personally hurt when his Radio 2 show was cancelled. He had brilliant characters such as Sid the manager, Gervais the hairdresser, Dave double decks, Dr. Fish Filleter and Diamond geezer. My favourite  Mr. Angry from Purley. I loved his impersonation of Mick Jagger. 

Steve still presented Sunday Love Songs and had just taken over the old ‘Fluff’ Freeman show ‘ Pick of the Pops’, 69 isn’t a great age these days, he will be sorely missed.

Sleep tight Steve.

• Steve was one of my favourite people on radio, I fondly remember his  shows on Radio 1 and then 2, I know he was personally hurt when his Radio 2 show was cancelled. He had brilliant characters such as Sid the manager, Gervais the hairdresser, Dave double decks, Dr. Fish Filleter and Diamond geezer. My favourite  Mr. Angry from Purley. I loved his impersonation of Mick Jagger. 

Steve still presented Sunday Love Songs and had just taken over the old ‘Fluff’ Freeman show ‘ Pick of the Pops’, 69 isn’t a great age these days, he will be sorely missed.

Sleep tight Steve.

Children
No Data