Do you have a comfort item?

I do :) I have a comfort bear and a comfort scarf. Both were gifts from when I was a child and I still have them and they continue to bring me great comfort in times of distress and sadness.

My bear stays in my room and I know she's always there when I need her. My scarf I carry round with me all through the year, when it's cold I wear it but when it's warmer I keep it in my bag but it's still comforting knowing it's on me.

Despite being over twenty years old it has aged well :>) 

• I take my little Welsh friends Dafyd and Pandy Bears (we met in Holyhead and I paid their ransom, as I fell in love with them both) with me when travelling, along with my handsome James bear - Pandy does love Edward bear and they are normally inseperable - I’ve always had teddy bears since I was a child and in that respect, I’ve never really grown up, even after I came out as gay - and most gay men I’ve known down the years have always had teddy bears 

• I have a soft lamb teddy which I got for my 6th birthday, and she's in my bed, beside my pillow every night since that birthday. I can't sleep without her and if I sleep in a different house then she has to be with me, otherwise I don't sleep. If I've got something big happening like a mental health appointment then I take my little lamb with me. She brings me a lot of comfort.

I've got an amethyst necklace as well which I wear every day. Ordinarily I don't really like jewellery, or makeup, but, this necklace was a gift from my mum and it brings me a lot of comfort wearing it.

• My 18 year old has one of those small beaded lizard soft toys called Charlie who they carry around everywhere they go, they also don't go anywhere without a pocket full of fidget toys

• i also have a comfort thingy.....ok....get ready to laughSweat smileLaughing........ my item i a shark outfit witch is the best Chrristmas gift ever!

• Sounds like me and my beloved Paddington Bear and my Edward Bear - my two handsome hunks 

• Don’t be ashamed - I’m a 53 years old gay man and I have 40 teddy bears in my queen sized bed - my Paddington Bear may be an English teddy bear, but he’s found a loving Irish home - and he’s so handsome too 

• Aside from never leaving the house without my Rosary Beads since Covid, I have 40 teddy bears in my queen sized bed, including my beloved Paddington Bear (he’s so handsome), my Edward Bear, James Bear & Dafyd Bear (my little Welsh friend) and my Tara bear - Paddington is my big hunk and he’s my rock, we fall asleep in each other’s arms, keeping each other warm and safe with our love for each other, as I’m an incurable romantic (as a gay man, it’s the same kind of blue eyed, blond/ginger, muscular, well built, boy next door type guys that I fall head over heels in love with) 

•  a comfort bear called spencer bear, and a moon called luna lupin

• I take my 3 teddy bears, Alex, Lazarus and yelena everywhere with me. I take them to school but hide them in my back pocket of my bag, I’m in yr10 and I have all the popular kids in my form, so I get a lot nightmares that someone’s going to see and I’m going to get bullied. But I’m basically invisible a school I bet none of them even know my name, so I should be fine

• Aww that's so lovely I'm so glad you have it. It's so great that we all have wonderful items like these that brings us comfort.

• Hey thanks for replying. Never feel bad for enjoying something that makes you happy and feel comfortable. If you enjoy it then that's all that matters! :) 

• Yeah! My stuffed dog she’s been my best friend since I was 4 and I’m now 23. Doesn’t leave my bed 

• Thank you for sharing this. I still can give myself a hard time sometimes for using cuddly toys as comfort. I'm 53 years old. But they help me alot. Knowing others use them too is very reassuring and validating. X

• Ooh your large soft toy sounds adorable! :) I think bears and stuffed toys are so comforting, they bring so much joy and comfort to so many people of all ages.

I've been collecting bears since I was a little girl and I'm still collecting them now.

• Yes lots of stuffed animals in my family!! Even my mum has her teddy bears which all have names and which go with her everywhere! I have a large soft toy horse I like to cuddle to help me sleep. 

• Aww that's so sweet. Both sound lovely and I'm glad you have them to turn to for comfort Blush 

I love the Squishmallows! I own a few of them as well. 

• Yes I have a pink squishmallow called cookie she helps me sleep I also love it when my friend Rikki says good night to me I know it’s not an item but it’s like my comfort blanket when he says it. 

• Awh sounds lovely :) I love bears, they are nice and soft, very comforting.

I have a big collection of the Ty Beanie Babies bears. I like collecting them.

• Cuddle my Teddy bear when sleeping as keep me safe.