How do you make friends?

I do not understand. I went to social clubs and spoke to people and they did not become my friends so what exactly am I missing?

Parents
  • I made my first friend back when I was writing fanfiction and uploading it online. I wasn't out there trying to make friends. It just seemed like a good forum to develop writing skills and express some creativity. Along the way I got at least proficient enough that other writers on the site would ask for my opinion on their work, and I'd start to openly offer to take a look at others' writing. In one case, these read overs developed into chatting about the subject matter and other similar things. We got used to talking to each other, and that pretty much was how it started.

Following that, this friend would go on to introduce me to his buddies via online gaming. My sense of humour I guess won them over and they in turn included me in their groups, and that's sort of how the past decade and a half have gone. Meeting friends of friends and learning to take opportunities to branch out.

I guess the best advice I can offer is to try and find a community that suits your interests, and don't be afraid to take a little initiative here and there. Don't try to make every interaction turn into a friendship. Just try to have pleasant interactions with people. You might just find someone that clicks with you, who you can hold more extended conversations with.

• I made my first friend back when I was writing fanfiction and uploading it online. I wasn't out there trying to make friends. It just seemed like a good forum to develop writing skills and express some creativity. Along the way I got at least proficient enough that other writers on the site would ask for my opinion on their work, and I'd start to openly offer to take a look at others' writing. In one case, these read overs developed into chatting about the subject matter and other similar things. We got used to talking to each other, and that pretty much was how it started.

Following that, this friend would go on to introduce me to his buddies via online gaming. My sense of humour I guess won them over and they in turn included me in their groups, and that's sort of how the past decade and a half have gone. Meeting friends of friends and learning to take opportunities to branch out.

I guess the best advice I can offer is to try and find a community that suits your interests, and don't be afraid to take a little initiative here and there. Don't try to make every interaction turn into a friendship. Just try to have pleasant interactions with people. You might just find someone that clicks with you, who you can hold more extended conversations with.

Children
No Data