What's your superpower?

Partly because I'm trying to cheer myself up, partly because we need a bit of positivity in life and also because I'd like to get to know you all a bit better, what is your autistic superpower? I prefer to think of the positives that being autistic brings rather than dwell on the things I struggle with and I like to think of my strengths as "superpowers".

Mine are empathy (sometimes my heart can feel like it's going to break or explode!) and spotting details / patterns, particularly in numbers and equations. I also think I see more details in nature than my neurotypical friends (nature is my "special interest") and I get far more joy and excitement from nature than most people do. What are yours?

(Just I case it's confused anyone, I've changed my username, I hope that's OK?)

Parents Reply
  • Exactly, that's what I thought at the time too. I felt very aggrieved and just 'sucked it up' Thumbsdown I've wondered since then that perhaps she'd had personal unpleasant experiences with the word 'pathetic' so maybe was some sort of trigger for her (I guess there's some indication there that my empathy capabilities are on the rise anyway, hopefully) Upside down

Children