Can Autism be cured??

I was reading an article on Zerohedge today,a well known "far right conspiracy nutcase site"  which was about the rising prevalence of Autism.

We all know that many people claim that vaccines (or mercury used as an adjuvant in vaccines) cause Autism, (which doesn't work in my case, but what the heck, people claim all sorts of unlikely things to be true nowadays) and that position is made very clearly in the comments sections amongst many others. 

Where I agree with the strident people here who ALWAYS pop up to rubbish any ZH link I publish, is that there is a lot of rhetoric, misguided or actually 100% false opinion and information to be read in the comments section, and some of the articles are not much better, indeed.

Where I disagree with those same detractors is that reading them is a useless or even BAD experience. JUST as this forum has ME, Malojian & Juniper from Gallifrey all very different posters with different styles coming from quite clearly diffferent places ALL of us have a "place at the table" (even if it does mean putting up with the likes of me!)  and a right to be heard*.

SO that being in mind, I read a lot of them as well as the article..

Sometimes a comment really makes me sit up and think, such as the "Autism can be cured but the cure is being suppressed" comment, not least because the author has put a lot of effort in and has added citations and evidence that can be followed up on... and I did do some of them before I needed to do something else. (It's not just laziness, I am struggliing through interruptions and "new tasks" even during the writing this post, and am now irritated with how long everything takes to get done...

I saw a well dressed person clearly more successful, comfortable, and articulate than me, telling the audience to her you tube video that "yes Autism can be cured". I would rush to believe but for the fact that I've also had a bunch of very similar appearing people telling me that a succession of MRNA injections can make sure I don't catch covid I believe "Safe and Effective" was the psychologcial "baited hook" in that case, so why should I believe her?

BUT nevertheless, the question having been raised in this "fixers" head remains:

COULD Autism be "Curable"??

Not interested in the modern idea of "treatments" which are about as effective as the "servicing" that modern cars get, I'm wondering if it can be CURED like my own suicidal ideation was a few years back.

Parents
  • I have also read on conspiracy news sites that autism is caused by the live measles virus in the MMR vaccine. This live measles virus supposedly gets stuck the intestinal wall of individuals with a weaker immune system causing inflammation of the Ileum (entrance to small intestine). The small intestine is where the vitamins and nutrients nessacary for the production of neurotransmitters are extracted from food being ingested. This inflammation in the small intestine causes the food to be malabsorbed which then causes the imbalance of neurotransmitters which causes autistic symptoms.

I can’t deny that it is all interesting stuff and a pretty impressive theory. However to be quite frank with you I just don’t know what to believe anymore. I trusted the government throughout the lockdown and got all the jags and then it turned out they were partying in Downing Street whilst they were telling us all to stay isolated in our homes. I will go on the side of vaccines don’t cause autism though until it is definitively proved that they do. 

• I have also read on conspiracy news sites

I’m generally a reasonably tolerant person but I would happily support life jail sentences for the people behind conspiracy sites.

They do incalculable damage.

• Lies NEED to have "incalculable damage" inflicted on them.

MOST (not all, some are as you correctly intuit, driven by malevolence or insanity, we have our "bad apples" too) are trying to raise awareness of some very inconvenient truths.

What you have been carefully trained to call "conspiracy theory" others call the "Truth Movement".

It really is a matter of perspective. 

For those of us you call "Conspiracy Theorists" (at best, a lot of the names are less flattering) it is not "news" to learn that The Ukraine war is not going well, as I've been provided with copius evidence that Ukraine aided by NATO has been relentlessly crushed by the Russian army. Worse, the when the truth is generally known, we will all find that the Russians have done it with incredibly low civilian casualties compared to anything we've ever accomplished in our MANY, MANY, invasions of other nations... 

We have a dark joke which goes:

Q. "What is the difference between a real fact and a conspiracy theory?"

A. "about eight months, currently."

Eek I've said too much, there'll be a black helicopter full of lizard people coming to get me... 

• I said othering. Not contention. Different thing.

• I'm surprised that here where we are pretty much ALL victims of being "othered" that so many people are so keen to do "othering" here in this forum to each other.

If you bring up contentious subjects and link to contentious websites, you will get contention.

• Yes some of us DO have the smug and annoying sense of superiority akin to that which seems to be the hall mark of those who would say "it's all bunk".

But a sense of superiority is just that, a "sense". 

It's knowledge of facts and ability to command critical thinking skills that actually gives some people an edge in some situations, makes them a social outcast in others. 

For myself it's classic & simple Psychology.

I was lied to and mistreated as a kid by the ultimate Authority figures, my parents. It makes me "overly suspicious" of Authority in disinclined to outsource my thinking, which apparently works for most of you, very well indeed..I have to collect enough data to make up my mind. That means I have to listen to an awful lot of absurdity, dishonesty, madness,misrepresentation etc. ON BOTH SIDES OF THE MEDIA  but there is also a lot of truth. 

Unlike most of you who have different imperatives in life, I have spent some 20 years now acquiring and sharpening a tool known as occams razor. I have better skills at using that tool and otehr slike it, , than whose who have not practiced. Jjust as I do with a soldering iron, function generator or 25,ooo volt home made power supply. 

It's easy to mock.

It takes time, effort, and perseverence to learn things that other people would rather you did not know. 

In an ever widening area the very act of learning things is Illegal and people can and do to jail for simply having acquired "the wrong knowledge"! 

Setting aside any woo, when covid appeared, I had knowledge that most of you did not. 

IT wasn't because some conspiracy site told me things, (that came  later, the early bullshit all came from China and the WHO figures which indicated a CFR of about 45%!! IF you did a bit of arithmetic). That was the first clue I got that something was off about this "event".

The knowledge I had was because many years ago I asked the question (and received an answer pitched at a level I could understand) "Why isn't there a vaccination against the common cold?"

First it was explained to the much younger me what a vaccination actually was. (At that time. The definition has been recently changed) 

I was told that a vaccine was a weakened form of the actual virus one was immunising (that word "immunisation" used to define the action of a vaccine, it does not any more) against.  

I was then told that a vaccine could be developed against the common cold virus but due to it's speed of mutation it would rapidly produce clades that would be immune to the virus in such a short time that it was not a viable option.

When those clever scientists came up with a solution in a mere six months, to a problem that people had been trying to solve all my life, and in light of my already knowing (through simple arithmetic and looking out the window) that he virus did not in fact have a lethality of 45%(!) I reached for my trusty microbiologist "friend" and asked her to confirm my understanding of basic biology and assess my misgivings for me from her more educated perspective.

I decided that at best this seemed to be a colossal experiment with new technology, akin to biological software in that this concoction directly programs you immune system to do a specific thing rather than letting it find out how to fight the virus itself like an old style vaccination used to (and I've learned never to buy new software always run the older & fully patched release!) and elected to stay in the "control group" since I knew I had  well above average ability to evade the virus, due to situation and some rudimentary NBC training, which I've self updated over the years.

As the broad spectrum push to get everyone to take the injections grew and knowledge of my avoidance grew in my peer group, I got told repeatedly "It's those conspiracy sites you go to"...

I'm surprised that here where we are pretty much ALL victims of being "othered" that so many people are so keen to do "othering" here in this forum to each other. 

• Those people are a tiny minority.

It was the lizard people..

Reply Children
No Data