Christmas shopping. SOS. SEND HELP!

It's that time of the year again when my Good Lady decides she needs to go in to the heart of the big bustling town to do her Christmas shopping. I have tried to convey to her that online shopping is not only cheaper but also far less hassle. However as usual she is not listening to me and is set in her ways.

But it gets worse...

She wants me to not only take her to town but also to go shopping with her!!!

It will be nice to get out for a bit, she tells me.

So quite naturally I have been trying my best to get out of this all week but I am quite depressed to announce my cunning ploys have all failed and I am driving in to London this morning. Drat.

I had pretended to be ill but she didn't believe me. I hid in my study but she found me. The woman is determined, I will give her that.

So, my granddaughter who also has autism has given me tips on how to get through today. I'm glad she has autism, we help each other through the challenges life throws.

I have her tips to assist me today.

This morning I have checked the tyre pressure on the Rolls. All good. I've checked the oil. All good. I started it to go to the post office and it started.

However if by some miracle you are able to save me from this dreadful situation then please do send help to get me out of it! 

Parents
  • Ahh hope it went okay in the end. Sounds like a nightmare. It so difficult to explain to someone else why something like that is so hard to do. 

I find a good trick is to pretend you have a blister and say that you’ll sit on a bench whilst they go in a shop. That way you can be away from the crowds, can sit with headphones or earplugs in and be in your own little world til they return, turn it into a positive and offer to hold all the shopping bags whilst you sit and wait so her hands are free to shop! :) 

• Ahh hope it went okay in the end. Sounds like a nightmare. It so difficult to explain to someone else why something like that is so hard to do. 

I find a good trick is to pretend you have a blister and say that you’ll sit on a bench whilst they go in a shop. That way you can be away from the crowds, can sit with headphones or earplugs in and be in your own little world til they return, turn it into a positive and offer to hold all the shopping bags whilst you sit and wait so her hands are free to shop! :) 

Children
No Data