Christmas shopping. SOS. SEND HELP!

It's that time of the year again when my Good Lady decides she needs to go in to the heart of the big bustling town to do her Christmas shopping. I have tried to convey to her that online shopping is not only cheaper but also far less hassle. However as usual she is not listening to me and is set in her ways.

But it gets worse...

She wants me to not only take her to town but also to go shopping with her!!!

It will be nice to get out for a bit, she tells me.

So quite naturally I have been trying my best to get out of this all week but I am quite depressed to announce my cunning ploys have all failed and I am driving in to London this morning. Drat.

I had pretended to be ill but she didn't believe me. I hid in my study but she found me. The woman is determined, I will give her that.

So, my granddaughter who also has autism has given me tips on how to get through today. I'm glad she has autism, we help each other through the challenges life throws.

I have her tips to assist me today.

This morning I have checked the tyre pressure on the Rolls. All good. I've checked the oil. All good. I started it to go to the post office and it started.

However if by some miracle you are able to save me from this dreadful situation then please do send help to get me out of it! 

Parents
  • well theres a thing with shopping in person, its different and special, a event.

for me i remember going into physical game stores browsing the shelves looking for any cool game i hadnt played. it feels more special and memorable than buying from a online store or streaming service and its something now lost to the world.... likely kinda like blockbusters too, if anyone used to browse blockbusters for vhs films to watch on the weekend, now its all instant streaming on your tv which is better but it takes from it as a event/moment and ruins the hype and excitement of it.

although yeah everything from home in a click is more convenient ...not always cheaper though as when it comes to gaming i find digital games are more expensive than physical disc games as the gaming stores are tight fisted and keep all games at release day price forever... speaking like 70 quid for a 20 year old game when a physical version of it would be down to 10 quid by that time.

anyway another disadvantage of online shopping is you have to rely on delivery service.... and they are bad at christmas as christmas period is peak time and super busy for delivery companies. so you get alot of eternally lost missing or damaged parcels in peak period and have a higher chance of not recieving your delivery.... my mum still hasnt got her thing she ordered online that was due last christmas, its forever lost as last christmas was pretty bad for deliveries as royal mail went on strike and every other company got overwhelmed.

• well theres a thing with shopping in person, its different and special, a event.

for me i remember going into physical game stores browsing the shelves looking for any cool game i hadnt played. it feels more special and memorable than buying from a online store or streaming service and its something now lost to the world.... likely kinda like blockbusters too, if anyone used to browse blockbusters for vhs films to watch on the weekend, now its all instant streaming on your tv which is better but it takes from it as a event/moment and ruins the hype and excitement of it.

although yeah everything from home in a click is more convenient ...not always cheaper though as when it comes to gaming i find digital games are more expensive than physical disc games as the gaming stores are tight fisted and keep all games at release day price forever... speaking like 70 quid for a 20 year old game when a physical version of it would be down to 10 quid by that time.

anyway another disadvantage of online shopping is you have to rely on delivery service.... and they are bad at christmas as christmas period is peak time and super busy for delivery companies. so you get alot of eternally lost missing or damaged parcels in peak period and have a higher chance of not recieving your delivery.... my mum still hasnt got her thing she ordered online that was due last christmas, its forever lost as last christmas was pretty bad for deliveries as royal mail went on strike and every other company got overwhelmed.

Children
No Data