What do you like about Christmas?

It's nearly Christmas and I've read a few things that most of us dislike about Christmas...loads of people in busy shops and towns...bright lights...loud music and for me the worst is the visiting relatives. I love all my relatives but at Christmas it's so much going on and so much to process I can't cope with them. There's so much happening at Christmas time it's a lot to process and deal with and it lasts such a long time. We're going Christmas shopping next weekend *gulp* so I've got to try and prepare myself for this.

But the point of this thread isn't to look at the negatives it's to look at the positives...the things we DO like about Christmas... SnowmanChristmas tree 

What do you like about Christmas?

I'm a big music fan and I love Christmas music, when it's played quietly OC. One of my favourite things is sitting by the Christmas tree, my earphones in, listening to Christmas music.

I also love to watch Christmas films. I like being in my bed, snuggled up under my duvet with my bears watching my fave Christmas films.

Other than that there's not really a lot I like about Christmas lololol Joy

Parents
  • Where do I start? Hmmm... Thinking

I like Christmas trees, and the bigger the better. I'm talking floor-to-ceiling Christmas trees. Although real trees are more environmentally friendly, I prefer realistic-looking artificial ones that have plenty of branches for hanging lots of tree decorations, tinsel, and plenty of lights. It always takes me AGES to decorate Christmas trees because I am so particular as to how I want them to look. In case anyone is interested, there are plenty of YouTube videos and online articles full of handy tips for decorating Christmas trees like a professional, which is the effect I try to achieve.

Christmas lights bring me sensory pleasure. I don't just mean tree lights, but other indoor/outdoor festive illuminations, as long as it's not too excessive.

In recent years, I have made a point of swapping some of the diamond paintings on my walls for festive ones.

I also enjoy looking at the Christmas cards I've received. Perhaps more so as I've gotten older, as I receive less of them.

What else?

I love wearing Christmas pyjamas and Christmas jumpers, particularly if they also happen to feature dogs.

In terms of music, Christmas just doesn't feel like Christmas until I've blasted out that well-known song by Slade, along with a whole host of other festive-themed rock and pop songs, along with André Rieu & the Johann Strauss Orchestra thrown in for good measure.

Christmas food traditions... Shortbread, Pigs in Blankets, smoked cheese on crackers, garlic & herb cheese on crackers, smoked salmon and cream cheese on blinis. Turkey, boiled ham, roast parsnips. and roast potatoes. Yes, I'm a weird person who LOVES a turkey Christmas dinner, and turkey sandwiches. Another tradition is drinking Bucks Fizz (made with Prosecco), which seems to be the only alcoholic drink I now enjoy.

Watching 'Love Actually' at Christmas can be a treat, especially THAT scene where Hugh Grant is dancing, as it reminds me of my dad. I also enjoy watching some of the stuff that tends to be aimed at families with young children, such as 'The Snowman' - even though it can sometimes make me cry.

• Where do I start? Hmmm... Thinking

I like Christmas trees, and the bigger the better. I'm talking floor-to-ceiling Christmas trees. Although real trees are more environmentally friendly, I prefer realistic-looking artificial ones that have plenty of branches for hanging lots of tree decorations, tinsel, and plenty of lights. It always takes me AGES to decorate Christmas trees because I am so particular as to how I want them to look. In case anyone is interested, there are plenty of YouTube videos and online articles full of handy tips for decorating Christmas trees like a professional, which is the effect I try to achieve.

Christmas lights bring me sensory pleasure. I don't just mean tree lights, but other indoor/outdoor festive illuminations, as long as it's not too excessive.

In recent years, I have made a point of swapping some of the diamond paintings on my walls for festive ones.

I also enjoy looking at the Christmas cards I've received. Perhaps more so as I've gotten older, as I receive less of them.

What else?

I love wearing Christmas pyjamas and Christmas jumpers, particularly if they also happen to feature dogs.

In terms of music, Christmas just doesn't feel like Christmas until I've blasted out that well-known song by Slade, along with a whole host of other festive-themed rock and pop songs, along with André Rieu & the Johann Strauss Orchestra thrown in for good measure.

Christmas food traditions... Shortbread, Pigs in Blankets, smoked cheese on crackers, garlic & herb cheese on crackers, smoked salmon and cream cheese on blinis. Turkey, boiled ham, roast parsnips. and roast potatoes. Yes, I'm a weird person who LOVES a turkey Christmas dinner, and turkey sandwiches. Another tradition is drinking Bucks Fizz (made with Prosecco), which seems to be the only alcoholic drink I now enjoy.

Watching 'Love Actually' at Christmas can be a treat, especially THAT scene where Hugh Grant is dancing, as it reminds me of my dad. I also enjoy watching some of the stuff that tends to be aimed at families with young children, such as 'The Snowman' - even though it can sometimes make me cry.

Children