What do you like about Christmas?

It's nearly Christmas and I've read a few things that most of us dislike about Christmas...loads of people in busy shops and towns...bright lights...loud music and for me the worst is the visiting relatives. I love all my relatives but at Christmas it's so much going on and so much to process I can't cope with them. There's so much happening at Christmas time it's a lot to process and deal with and it lasts such a long time. We're going Christmas shopping next weekend *gulp* so I've got to try and prepare myself for this.

But the point of this thread isn't to look at the negatives it's to look at the positives...the things we DO like about Christmas... SnowmanChristmas tree 

What do you like about Christmas?

I'm a big music fan and I love Christmas music, when it's played quietly OC. One of my favourite things is sitting by the Christmas tree, my earphones in, listening to Christmas music.

I also love to watch Christmas films. I like being in my bed, snuggled up under my duvet with my bears watching my fave Christmas films.

Other than that there's not really a lot I like about Christmas lololol Joy

Parents
  • We celebrate yule rather than christmas but I love all the lights, I go out around our neighbourhood to see all the ones people put up

Putting up the decorations which includes lots of lights

Having special foods and drinks I don't have the rest of the year

Watching a christmas Carol and carols from kings

Allowing myself time to just rest, eat and enjoy not seeing anyone!

Knowing we are past the darkest part of the year and the evenings will be getting lighter

• That all sounds lovely. I find bright lights a little overwhelming but some people's lights on their houses can be really beautiful, I just wish some of them didn't flash so much. One neighbour puts up loads of lights on his house and last year they had a slow fade which was a lot better for my eyes.

Me and my parents are getting the Christmas tree next weekend Christmas treeSnowman

• That all sounds lovely. I find bright lights a little overwhelming but some people's lights on their houses can be really beautiful, I just wish some of them didn't flash so much. One neighbour puts up loads of lights on his house and last year they had a slow fade which was a lot better for my eyes.

Me and my parents are getting the Christmas tree next weekend Christmas treeSnowman

Children
  • I find bright lights challenging too but like the pretty Christmas ones and agree that the flashing ones are to be avoided. One of our neighbours put up some of those super bright white ones all over their  house a few years ago and had them on random flash which was really disturbing.