Autism aggression

Is it inevitable that as people with Autism grow their meltdowns become worse and they become more aggressive with them? or does this very much depend on each individual? 

Parents
  • Most autistic people are actually pacifists by choice, my "aggressive" meltdowns (I never hit anyone but I broke a lot of my own possessions) were just a phase I went through in my teens and early 20s and were a symptom of my overall mental health being in a bad state. But looking back on it anger was better than despair, and arguably meltdowns are better than shutdowns because fustration means you haven't accepted the rubbish life has thrown at you and you still have the reserve energy to fight and try to make your life better in my experience.
    If other people prefer we shutdown rather than meltdown for their own convenience well that's just selfish and misguided of them. The best way to avoid a meltdown for/as an autistic person is treat lifes fustrations at the source and improve quality of life.

• Most autistic people are actually pacifists by choice, my "aggressive" meltdowns (I never hit anyone but I broke a lot of my own possessions) were just a phase I went through in my teens and early 20s and were a symptom of my overall mental health being in a bad state. But looking back on it anger was better than despair, and arguably meltdowns are better than shutdowns because fustration means you haven't accepted the rubbish life has thrown at you and you still have the reserve energy to fight and try to make your life better in my experience.
    If other people prefer we shutdown rather than meltdown for their own convenience well that's just selfish and misguided of them. The best way to avoid a meltdown for/as an autistic person is treat lifes fustrations at the source and improve quality of life.

Children
No Data