Autism aggression

Is it inevitable that as people with Autism grow their meltdowns become worse and they become more aggressive with them? or does this very much depend on each individual? 

• That's so wrong, punishment for meltdowns related to autism are more rare now but t does still happen (not corporal punishment, at least not in the UK) now most adults use a more therapeutic approach or at least a kinder approach once they know something about Autism

• I as a parent of a child with Autism am still.learning, unfortunately one or two people with limited knowledge have said it gets worse (aggression! I need to know if this is true from those with far more knowledge and experience, this question is not meant to offend by any means.

• This is a genuine question as one or two people with limited knowledge have said it will get worse and I as a parent of a child with ASC am still.learning.  This question is not by any means designed to offend 

• "Don't forget to *More* and then *Report as Abusive* when you see a bot post.

It's the closest to "like and subscribe" that I will ever get!!

• For me it depends on the familiarity with the frustrating trigger event. For me if Ive dealt with the trigger impediment before, the meltdown may be as simple as a little slapping on the table loudly (one of the things I have had to watch out for in public situations as it freaks peeps right the ef out. It's VERY loud.)

But if it s a novel situation or a displaced trauma trigger from very very long ago that blindsides me it can be vary bad, in which case I run for a toilet stall/stairwell/back alley/etc.

It also depends on how "safe" I feel to do so as my childhood involved corporal punishments for such things.If I have to bottle it I just get sick instead.

So I would say it would depend on how much latitude a, AS child had in the formative years.

• yes, bad bot, bad bot, go to the corner!

• My Sparkly sister at arms......I salute you.

• HOUNDS - BE RELEASED - Gorge yourselves on some SPAM SPAM SPAM.

• well there is punching objects as a symptom of meltdown in males....

also mens depression can manifest in anger and lashing out too.

seems likely more a man thing that we get angry outbursts.

• I don’t think autism and agression is related (haven’t done a literature search so not sure what evidence there is- just speaking from personal experience and based on my autistic friends). I am very non-agressive- my approach is to please to blend in and when I am upset I usually internalise it or cry. 

• Most autistic people are actually pacifists by choice, my "aggressive" meltdowns (I never hit anyone but I broke a lot of my own possessions) were just a phase I went through in my teens and early 20s and were a symptom of my overall mental health being in a bad state. But looking back on it anger was better than despair, and arguably meltdowns are better than shutdowns because fustration means you haven't accepted the rubbish life has thrown at you and you still have the reserve energy to fight and try to make your life better in my experience.
    If other people prefer we shutdown rather than meltdown for their own convenience well that's just selfish and misguided of them. The best way to avoid a meltdown for/as an autistic person is treat lifes fustrations at the source and improve quality of life.

• Very much depends on each individual - based on everything I hear from these pages, dear 75657.

Age (or the passage of time) definitely impacts how people behave, where ND or NT - as does evolving live experiences.

Defo on a case-by-case basis - in my opinion.