Not autism related but I need help with an assignment

In english class we were supposed to start reading Macbeth but the teacher decided to change it to a project of showing what we would have at a fall feast. I need 2 of appetizers, main dishes, sides, and deserts, plus 2 guests id invite (living or dead).

I never have appetizers, I dont understand why you would eat before you eat, so I havent the slightest clue of what to put.

And for my main course and sides I have chicken nuggets, mac and cheese, and rolls. Very basic food for children but I cant handle all the "fancy" food most adults enjoy (I still order from the kids menu at restaurants). Then I was thinking I should have a fruit so I chose grapes but I need to write the recipe for everything and grapes dont have a recipe because they just grow. So I cant do a fruit. But also, some things I want I dont need a recipe for, like ill just buy some chips, im not going to make it from scratch!

My grandma used to make something with marshmallows and pineapple and jello, she called Leprechaun Salad and shed make it for holidays, so I put that but deleted it because its called Leprechaun and thats for St Patrick's day.

The first person who popped in my head to invite was Anna but shes not "real" and everyone will laugh at me, but I dont know who else to invite.

We also need pictures on a slide show, I have this thing where I can only have a picture on a slide if the background is transparent and im having trouble finding pictures that are what I want without a background. And im feeling nauseous from looking at pictures of food. I dont know why people think pictures of food is appetizing, food commercials always make me feel sick. Food is so nasty actually, if I wouldnt d*e from not eating food then I would never eat again.

But this assignment is giving me so much anxiety, I know im overthinking it and nobody will care if I lie about what food I want, but I just.. ugh why cant we just read Macbeth like originally planned?? I think the teacher was trying to be nice with this "fun" project but I am about to cry over it.

Parents
  • My english teacher assigned yet another meaningless project... This time we have to plan our "Ultimate Winter Break" says "Congratulations! You have won an all-expense paid vacation with unlimited transportation. Make sure to put in plenty of information about your travels along with pictures, maps, and restaurants. The more you put down, the better your grade.". I need to have stuff for 14 days. His example is "EXAMPLE: Monday: Breakfast: coffee Morning: ski in St Moritz Lunch: Sushi in Switzerland Afternoon: Christmas Markets Prague Evening: Northern Lights: Iceland". 

The reality of my winter break will be: Wake up, check forum, check emails, do duolingo, lay on the floor for awhile, maybe get ready, go downstairs, see puppy, sisters will be watching youtube, start talking and end up annoying them because they are watching yt but really they are annoying for always watching youtube, do random stuff, maybe go outside and play with the neighbors unless its too cold or if im not social that day, around lunch ill either make lunch or ill eat a snack, do more stuff, eat dinner if I remember to. I dont eat breakfast because it makes me nauseas for the rest of the day. And its not like im gonna be traveling to Iceland one day then France the next, like who does that?? I suppose hes wanting me to make something up, to be exciting. But my ideal trip wouldnt be all exciting. Heck, my lunch and dinner would probably be the same thing each day then he'll take points off even though thats actually want id eat. Im not gonna eat nasty shrimp and whatever fancy food there is. Ill prob eat spaghetti, mac n cheese, maybe chicken nuggets but thats it. Maybe a cheese and turkey tortilla for lunch but then id need to buy the right ingrediants (my mom bought turkey but she got the wrong brand. and the tortillas are the big ones but I like the small ones). And like how specific do I need to be? Do I need to say all the roads and airlines I use for my imaginary travels? And I dont even know where id want to travel to. Arendelle obviously but he didnt say "fictional" places are allowed. And why do I need a new destination each day, cant I just go one place and be low key the whole time? UGH this is due today and I have nothing. Holidays are rubbish. Id much rather prefer a essay or even a short story assignment than all these crazy "fun" projects he assigns. My mom says I overthink things, but I can't help it

• My english teacher assigned yet another meaningless project... This time we have to plan our "Ultimate Winter Break" says "Congratulations! You have won an all-expense paid vacation with unlimited transportation. Make sure to put in plenty of information about your travels along with pictures, maps, and restaurants. The more you put down, the better your grade.". I need to have stuff for 14 days. His example is "EXAMPLE: Monday: Breakfast: coffee Morning: ski in St Moritz Lunch: Sushi in Switzerland Afternoon: Christmas Markets Prague Evening: Northern Lights: Iceland". 

The reality of my winter break will be: Wake up, check forum, check emails, do duolingo, lay on the floor for awhile, maybe get ready, go downstairs, see puppy, sisters will be watching youtube, start talking and end up annoying them because they are watching yt but really they are annoying for always watching youtube, do random stuff, maybe go outside and play with the neighbors unless its too cold or if im not social that day, around lunch ill either make lunch or ill eat a snack, do more stuff, eat dinner if I remember to. I dont eat breakfast because it makes me nauseas for the rest of the day. And its not like im gonna be traveling to Iceland one day then France the next, like who does that?? I suppose hes wanting me to make something up, to be exciting. But my ideal trip wouldnt be all exciting. Heck, my lunch and dinner would probably be the same thing each day then he'll take points off even though thats actually want id eat. Im not gonna eat nasty shrimp and whatever fancy food there is. Ill prob eat spaghetti, mac n cheese, maybe chicken nuggets but thats it. Maybe a cheese and turkey tortilla for lunch but then id need to buy the right ingrediants (my mom bought turkey but she got the wrong brand. and the tortillas are the big ones but I like the small ones). And like how specific do I need to be? Do I need to say all the roads and airlines I use for my imaginary travels? And I dont even know where id want to travel to. Arendelle obviously but he didnt say "fictional" places are allowed. And why do I need a new destination each day, cant I just go one place and be low key the whole time? UGH this is due today and I have nothing. Holidays are rubbish. Id much rather prefer a essay or even a short story assignment than all these crazy "fun" projects he assigns. My mom says I overthink things, but I can't help it

Children
  • Then say that. Say happiness doesn't come from doing all of these things and travelling it comes from being happy with what you have right now. If you are constantly seeking out events to be happy, then you are not really happy, you are constantly looking for the next thing to do and not enjoying this moment right here. You can only have a certain amount of holidays each year but if you enjoy each moment then you will be happier for longer. Happiness comes from appreciating what you have rather then constantly looking for the next adventure. This is in english, so when are the best moments in stories, is it when they are adventuring, constantly doing something new or is it when things slow down. Hiyao Miyazaki is a master of this, he doesn't try to fill his movies with action he fills it with character moments, In spirited away there is the moment when she is on the train just doing nothing. That is a great moment in the film because it gives you a moment to just take a breath. Toy Story copied this idea. The greatest stories aren't about doing things, they are about people, characters, connections. I didn't do very well in english but you have got MacBeth and his struggles with guilt, Romeo and Juliet (which I am pretty sure is meant to be comedic about saying how silly love is). It is not about filling your time with things to do it is but appreciating each moment, and doing the things you truly enjoy doing. Do the greatest writers fill their books with action constantly changing places, going to all exotic locations or do they focus on characters? There is a poem, Ozymandius, about this statue in a desert and in it says, "Look upon my works ye mighty and despair nothing besides that collosal wreck remained, boundless and bare the lone and level sands stretched far away." He constantly sought to do things and build things to leave an empire behind and yet at the end of the day it was ruined, it didn't matter. What matters is who you spend your time with and being happy.

I am starting to dislike the american system of schooling I prefer the UK where you just take exams and your grade isn't based upon classwork. Much easier for me, though others might disagree.

Also you are clearly having trouble with sticking to a schedule. So what you might like to do is set aside time for you to relax. That is what the best students, start with when to relax and then fill in the rest of their day with time to work. You can't work all the time, and once you know you have time relax then you can focus when you should be working.

This wasn't very helpful, sorry.

Edit: This probably won't get you a high grade, but the assignment feels silly to me, writing isn't about quantity it is about quality, you should be describing why you are doing the things you do. You wish to visit Rome to look upon the colluseum, and look upon the works of michaelangelo.