Anxiety with buying presents

This is probably my least fave part of Christmas the buying presents.

I never know what to buy people. The presents I normally buy end up forgotten about or thrown away later on the next year, I think people think I forgot I bought it but I don't I always remember. The only person who keeps what I buy is my father. I normally get him records and he seems to really appreciate it.

Everyone else gets rid so I guess I don't buy what they like.

This year at school we've got secret Santa again! Well early as usual but I appreciate the earlyness as I don't have any idea what I'll be getting for Talis (girl in my class) I know nothing about her and what she likes. We sit together in some classes but I still don't know about her. 

I hate present buying. The whole idea makes me anxious and I've not got any of my family a single present yet either.

Parents
  • I do all my present buying online. The shops are too busy for my liking and cause me too much anxiety that's why I stick with buying online. I buy clothes and small gifts for my family, like my little brother loves dogs and Pugs so last year I bought him a Pug squeeze toy and a Pug jumper.

I try to observe what the people around me like and enjoy, this makes buying presents for them a little easier. Sometimes I go in to their rooms and see what they already have and that makes it easier to choose what to buy.

The girl at your school, maybe you could buy her a hair brush? Something she will be able to use and enjoy every day. And it will make her feel good about herself...

Every girl loves doing her hair right? Stuck out tongue I would love a new hairbrush for Christmas!

• I like the idea of a hair brush Grinning 

I got a new hair brush last year it also lights up which I thought was a really nice touch. My dad got me that. I use it every day. 

Taking note of what people already have and like is a good suggestion. I need to take more note TBH because I live with my parents and sisters and brother but I literally no nothing about them like Joyat lololol Joy 

I try to pay attention but I'm always busy trying to process stuff and keep my anxiety under control lol.

• I like the idea of a hair brush Grinning 

I got a new hair brush last year it also lights up which I thought was a really nice touch. My dad got me that. I use it every day. 

Taking note of what people already have and like is a good suggestion. I need to take more note TBH because I live with my parents and sisters and brother but I literally no nothing about them like Joyat lololol Joy 

I try to pay attention but I'm always busy trying to process stuff and keep my anxiety under control lol.

Children
No Data