Cant write what I want to

I tried writing this a few times over the past couple days but I was having trouble but thats kind of the point of this post.

I dont talk very often out loud (unless its about my special interest and im with people im comfortable with) but online I can write wayyy more. I usually even annoy people with how much I write when I text/email/etc but the last couple days I keep trying to comment on things on here but I changed my mind and didnt send it. I think I only made 4ish comments and they were pretty short than my usual. I dont know why I cant write right now, its like I dont feel like it, mixed with I cant find the words I want. I was just wondering if anybody else has had this before and if theres a way I can get past it?

Parents
  • Once I spent 3 days hiding in one of the painting studios on campus while I was at college 'cause I didn't want to leave when they closed the building for the night. I wanted to keep working. After 3 days of not really eating and not speaking or interacting with anyone I left and found I could not really use language. (I had non verbal episodes like this as a child).

I felt both relieved not to have to but also scared I wouldn't be able to  - and I would have to to eat. I had no one to really turn to. this is the early 70s.

I pushed past it. Had to. Made a point of and became somewhat obsessed with language and writing, speaking and being understood - the beginning development of one of my masks/obsessions? - and now I speak 3 languages. I suppose it is a matter of pushing through to the other side, getting past the ambivalence.

• It must be very satisfying to be fluent (native speaker level even) in another language. I would like to experience it in my lifetime but haven't so far.

Reply Children