Cant write what I want to

I tried writing this a few times over the past couple days but I was having trouble but thats kind of the point of this post.

I dont talk very often out loud (unless its about my special interest and im with people im comfortable with) but online I can write wayyy more. I usually even annoy people with how much I write when I text/email/etc but the last couple days I keep trying to comment on things on here but I changed my mind and didnt send it. I think I only made 4ish comments and they were pretty short than my usual. I dont know why I cant write right now, its like I dont feel like it, mixed with I cant find the words I want. I was just wondering if anybody else has had this before and if theres a way I can get past it?

Parents
  • Sometimes I take a long time to type a comment, and I don't end up sending it,  and that happens like 50% of the time. I take a long time to write anything, and if I don't have the words for it now, I'll wait a few days, and then I'll try again.

A friend got angry at me for sending her a reply to her question a week later. I just couldn't find the right words for it, so I left it until I could gather my thoughts together and write back to her, but she was not pleased that it took s week, and said I just ignored her and forgot about her for a week, and she got angry at me for it because I didn't instantly reply to her, and even after I explained what had happened, she didn't believe me. I then thought about her texting me hundreds of times a day,  and expecting instant replies to them all, and I'm just not the type of person who could do that. I just found it too difficult to meet her expectations, so I just shrugged, and I just stopped messaging her. I'm sure she can find other friends who are willing to do that, just not me.  

• Sometimes I take a long time to type a comment, and I don't end up sending it,  and that happens like 50% of the time. I take a long time to write anything, and if I don't have the words for it now, I'll wait a few days, and then I'll try again.

A friend got angry at me for sending her a reply to her question a week later. I just couldn't find the right words for it, so I left it until I could gather my thoughts together and write back to her, but she was not pleased that it took s week, and said I just ignored her and forgot about her for a week, and she got angry at me for it because I didn't instantly reply to her, and even after I explained what had happened, she didn't believe me. I then thought about her texting me hundreds of times a day,  and expecting instant replies to them all, and I'm just not the type of person who could do that. I just found it too difficult to meet her expectations, so I just shrugged, and I just stopped messaging her. I'm sure she can find other friends who are willing to do that, just not me.  

Children
  • That is interesting. I find it difficult to write long comments and sometimes decide not to send them.

However if I send a message to a friend and I don't get an answer I tend to think I have done something wrong and then lose touch with them. If I had received a reply late I would have been grateful that it wasn't something I said.

• I've had a lot of problems with people demanding communication responses sooner than I've wanted to do it. Therefore I took more control years ago by leaving my landline unplugged with an answerphone I could listen to when I choose. With mobile phone I tend to have it switched off most of the time (rather than on and available 'on call 24/7' as some people I've known expect me and others to be). I only recently activated the voicemail option on my mobile having not had it for over a decade. I also very rarely take my mobile mobile i.e. away from home (I have no landline these days) for various reasons including not being 'available on call' i.e. space+freedom (my own 'do not disturb' option etc) Slight smile