Books

Does just simply reading books on Autism help you to understand loved ones and friends who are Autistic?  

Parents
  • When I was first thinking I had autism I bought a lot of books on autism by autistic authors and it was a big help to me and why I pursued getting a diagnosis. Just reading about autism was reassuring for me. Not for all maybe but for some reading autistic books of lived experiences of the autistic authors will help them to better understand autism in a loved one or themselves.

It worked for me.

I think reading of others experiences can be a big help in many ways. It's someone you can relate to if you are the same and can be inspiring.

I want to write a book on autism and my own lived experiences.

• When I was first thinking I had autism I bought a lot of books on autism by autistic authors and it was a big help to me and why I pursued getting a diagnosis. Just reading about autism was reassuring for me. Not for all maybe but for some reading autistic books of lived experiences of the autistic authors will help them to better understand autism in a loved one or themselves.

It worked for me.

I think reading of others experiences can be a big help in many ways. It's someone you can relate to if you are the same and can be inspiring.

I want to write a book on autism and my own lived experiences.

Children
No Data