Thoughts on technology and human evolution.

Smartphones these days seem to be a requirement in order to be a human being.

My work are requiring me to download an app which I can't and won't do. I was asked a few years ago to become part of a work whatsapp group. I was indirectly made to feel I wasn't part of the team bease i couldnt and didnt want to be in it. Last night, instead of looking my name up on a computer for a ticket, a "box office assistant" made the person I was with re-download an app to get an e-ticket with an animated barcode. I know my stubbornness is making me technologically illiterate but I don't care.

We started becoming machines during the industrial revolution. Today we continue to advance toward this. It's part of our evolution as we get further away from who we were.

Parents
  • Another thing is how some technology is listening in. I had an Alexa a few years ago, I was talking about handbags to buy and then suddenly on my Amazon I was getting loads of adverts for handbags.

That terrifies me! I don't like the idea of something or someone eavesdropping on me. I got rid of the Alexa after that and wouldn't have anything like it again.

• Another thing is how some technology is listening in. I had an Alexa a few years ago, I was talking about handbags to buy and then suddenly on my Amazon I was getting loads of adverts for handbags.

That terrifies me! I don't like the idea of something or someone eavesdropping on me. I got rid of the Alexa after that and wouldn't have anything like it again.

Children