3 Good Things (Redux)

Since the thread, which began May 2021, seems to have vanished, I wish to create a new one. 

From Darkness to Light. Smiley

1. I paid for a condensed tumble dryer, which I reserved on Tuesday; for delivery, tomorrow. Also paid for a three-year warranty. (In cash) 

2. I made a poem, entitled 'Storm in a teacup', about the arrival of Agnes. (SEYMOUR!) 

3. Bought more Farm-Fresh milk today. 

Smiley

Parents Reply
  • Yes, especially hardcover. Paperbacks are cheaper, but they break MUCH more quickly. And then you have to buy more. My friend now has no money because of buying books. I just get them from the library unless I REALLY like them.

Children
  • Parting with a book is very hard for me.

In the downstairs of my house we have a room that we call the library. It has a wall full of bookshelves, a couch, a computer, and a sewing machine. But anyways, there are 4 levels of picture books, 2 levels of young chapter books (like Magic Tree House- they're also partly double stacked, though), 2 levels of keepsake books, my mom's old art books, and a Bible, 1 level of cookbooks, and 4 levels of my dad's off-limits stuff- adult books, medical books, that sort of thing.

• Ebay and Amazon can also be good. 

• Good man.  It is very shocking to me just how many books are thrown into the recycling "paper" skip at the tip these days.  Parting with a book is very hard for me.

• I donated my unused books to the donation shelves at my local Tesco, a few weeks back.

• I reckon you are being too picky about the books you buy....or you are buying them from the wrong places?

I believe that our cousins in the States, call them "thrift shops".....whereas in the UK, the word "Oxfam" is synonymous with that type of establishment.  Many of my treasured books (all hardback) have come from these type of places......and I have some real corkers!