Harry Potter

Are there any fans of Harry Potter here?

Harry Potter is my special interest! I've loved it since I read the first book when I was 9 years old. I now own all the books, so much memorabilia like the wands and LEGO minifigures. I own a lot of the different limited edition books and all the movies.

I like the story! I find it extremely interesting and exciting to read. I think I must have read the books at least a thousand times! Grinning

Parents
  • I remember reading the first book when I was about 9 too, I found it the most exciting and magical journey, I wanted more more more! I even got my dad into reading them because the story somehow appealed to him too. 

Now I'm an adult they don't appeal to me so much but I have recently watched a few of the films since they came onto Netflix. I find the films can be a bit much - what I loved about the books was the rich detail and a lot of that is lost in the films. 

Now that JKR has outed herself as an awful human being it has really tainted the whole subject of me, unfortunately. 

• I remember reading the first book when I was about 9 too, I found it the most exciting and magical journey, I wanted more more more! I even got my dad into reading them because the story somehow appealed to him too. 

Now I'm an adult they don't appeal to me so much but I have recently watched a few of the films since they came onto Netflix. I find the films can be a bit much - what I loved about the books was the rich detail and a lot of that is lost in the films. 

Now that JKR has outed herself as an awful human being it has really tainted the whole subject of me, unfortunately. 

Children
No Data