Harry Potter

Are there any fans of Harry Potter here?

Harry Potter is my special interest! I've loved it since I read the first book when I was 9 years old. I now own all the books, so much memorabilia like the wands and LEGO minifigures. I own a lot of the different limited edition books and all the movies.

I like the story! I find it extremely interesting and exciting to read. I think I must have read the books at least a thousand times! Grinning

• Hello! I'm also a massive Harry Potter fan and have read the books countless times. I recently bought some second hand copies so that I can go through and annotate with my thoughts Slight smile

• It used to be a special interest for me, especially growing up. Unfortunately JK Rowling has said some horrible things since then and it's ruined the whole thing for me. I do miss it, but I don't think I can go back to it now. It was probably my gateway to being a huge fantasy geek though.

• I remember reading the first book when I was about 9 too, I found it the most exciting and magical journey, I wanted more more more! I even got my dad into reading them because the story somehow appealed to him too. 

Now I'm an adult they don't appeal to me so much but I have recently watched a few of the films since they came onto Netflix. I find the films can be a bit much - what I loved about the books was the rich detail and a lot of that is lost in the films. 

Now that JKR has outed herself as an awful human being it has really tainted the whole subject of me, unfortunately. 

• How about the fan fiction where they write their own stories spinning off from the main books - are there any you have read that you can recommend?