Suzuki - "Good Different" TV Advert

I was just wondering whether anyone had noticed the Suzuki TV advert, the one where they say they tell jokes to bolts and have grannies knit cardigans for the cars? They start the advert by asking what makes Suzuki cars "Good Different" and end by saying that their cars are "Good Different".

I'm just wondering if anyone else feels a bit uncomfortable about the use of "Good Different" - it explicitly assumes the existence of "Bad Different" which is a bit...  well,  very... hurtful perhaps?

Has anyone else noticed that? Am I being oversensitive?

Parents
  • Am I being oversensitive?

They are comparing it to other cars so if you identifty as a vehicle then you could have grounds to be upset, but who would you complain to? DVLA? OK, that was me joking in case it wasn't obvious - trying to defuse any issues around being offended.

I guess it helps to keep the advert in context and not be oversensitive to it.

• Am I being oversensitive?

They are comparing it to other cars so if you identifty as a vehicle then you could have grounds to be upset, but who would you complain to? DVLA? OK, that was me joking in case it wasn't obvious - trying to defuse any issues around being offended.

I guess it helps to keep the advert in context and not be oversensitive to it.

Children
No Data