I'm Feeling Proud!

Hi everyone. I’m L. I joined here a while ago but soon after I got really sick with Sepsis and it’s taken this long to recover.

I wanted to share this good news with everybody. I’m feeling proud of myself. I saw that this new Barbie film is out and playing at my local theatre so I did the unimaginable and went to the cinema! I was so anxious. And I did feel a little giddy a few times but I persevered and saw it through and it was a good experience! There were a lot of people but not as many as I thought there would be. Maybe it wasn’t a popular film? But I’m really glad I went and I feel so proud for going and seeing it through to the end. I had my earplugs, in case I needed to turn on some soothing music to calm myself and I also had my little comfort bear that I take with me whenever I go out.

Do you go to the cinema regularly? I’m not going to make a habit of this but I did enjoy the experience but personally feel a lot calmer and happier watching stuff on my computer and laptop at home.

Best wishes, L.

Parents
  • cinemas dont get alot of viewers these days.

i went to cinema a few times, and at most there only has ever been 1 other person in, alot of times its just me.

and these are big films like marvel films and so on that should have larger audiences.... no one goes to the cinema anymore. infact my local cinema has now shut down probably because of this, they state the covid shuts set them back and the audience level never got back again after they reopened so they couldnt pay the debts off.

• cinemas dont get alot of viewers these days.

i went to cinema a few times, and at most there only has ever been 1 other person in, alot of times its just me.

and these are big films like marvel films and so on that should have larger audiences.... no one goes to the cinema anymore. infact my local cinema has now shut down probably because of this, they state the covid shuts set them back and the audience level never got back again after they reopened so they couldnt pay the debts off.

Children
  • Barbie broke records, so there must be some people going to see films. 

Great job L! I don't know when I'll feel okay to go to the cinema but it's definitely something I'd like to be able to do. I much prefer watching things at home, but it would be nice to not have to wait however long until a new film is available outside of theatres.