Blocking out stuff

I struggle to focus cause I can't block things out. Background sounds. Voices. If there's a clock ticking I can't help but notice it, it's putting me off my school work. It's also causing a negativity in me that I'm not really used to cause normally I'm such a bubbly positive girl.

Same thing happens at home if someone talks to me I can't help but notice say the TV or a clock or someone's phone if it's playing music.

Parents
  • I have this. I have a specially curated playlist of music on an mp3 player I play in in-ear-buds, and put a pair of noise defenders over the top, that way the only background sound I have is my self regulation music (it has to be calm enough to not be distracting, but lively enough tempo I don't want to fall asleep) I also find it helps with my executive dusfunction because it keeps my momentum up on tasks.
    At night I have a skyrim music and ambient playlist I use to drown out tinnitus and pipes moaning in the walls at low volume and to focus on instead of letting my mind race so I can fall asleep quicker too. But obvs I don't wear the ear defenders over the top when I'm in bed.

• I have this. I have a specially curated playlist of music on an mp3 player I play in in-ear-buds, and put a pair of noise defenders over the top, that way the only background sound I have is my self regulation music (it has to be calm enough to not be distracting, but lively enough tempo I don't want to fall asleep) I also find it helps with my executive dusfunction because it keeps my momentum up on tasks.
    At night I have a skyrim music and ambient playlist I use to drown out tinnitus and pipes moaning in the walls at low volume and to focus on instead of letting my mind race so I can fall asleep quicker too. But obvs I don't wear the ear defenders over the top when I'm in bed.

Children
No Data