Do you read fiction, or are you unable to read fiction?

Parents
  • I absolutely LOVE fiction as an autistic person. This is interesting given my early childhood health visitor notes say I was slow to develop imaginative play (mum and dad got my Sylvanian families apparently to help me with this). It seems as soon as that creative spark happened, I was off and my imagination became a vast kaleidoscope of colour and creating new characters and stories.

I was advanced in English for my age at school, reading books for teenagers when I was in primary school and finishing the whole Lord of the rings trilogy in 3 weeks when I was 14. This is probably due to autism.

To get back to the point... yes, I do read fiction. When I read I can see the scenes and characters very vividly in my head like a film, it is truly an immersive experience for me. Reading has been an immense source of joy for me growing up and in adulthood.

• I absolutely LOVE fiction as an autistic person. This is interesting given my early childhood health visitor notes say I was slow to develop imaginative play (mum and dad got my Sylvanian families apparently to help me with this). It seems as soon as that creative spark happened, I was off and my imagination became a vast kaleidoscope of colour and creating new characters and stories.

I was advanced in English for my age at school, reading books for teenagers when I was in primary school and finishing the whole Lord of the rings trilogy in 3 weeks when I was 14. This is probably due to autism.

To get back to the point... yes, I do read fiction. When I read I can see the scenes and characters very vividly in my head like a film, it is truly an immersive experience for me. Reading has been an immense source of joy for me growing up and in adulthood.

Children
No Data