Birdwatching in the garden

Sharing this on here because I know there are other birdwatchers around, just had a great spotted woodpecker on my bird feeders in my back garden! Had my binoculars next to me so got a good look Heart eyes

Parents
  • I went for a walk in the woods today. The birdsong was lovely. Unfortunately I am not so good at identifying the songs so not sure if anything more unusual than blackbirds and those little birds, t...s. I had a lovely view of a Great t....which landed on a branch nearby and hopped between branches for a long while totally oblivious to me.

• I went for a walk in the woods today. The birdsong was lovely. Unfortunately I am not so good at identifying the songs so not sure if anything more unusual than blackbirds and those little birds, t...s. I had a lovely view of a Great t....which landed on a branch nearby and hopped between branches for a long while totally oblivious to me.

Children
  • I'd thoroughly recommend the Merlin Bird ID app, it's free and according to an RSPB guy I spoke to, about 90-95% accurate for UK birds. I use it when out and about when I'm not sure on something and it's not done me wrong yet.