Birdwatching in the garden

Sharing this on here because I know there are other birdwatchers around, just had a great spotted woodpecker on my bird feeders in my back garden! Had my binoculars next to me so got a good look Heart eyes

Parents Reply Children
  • We used to buy loads of bird food but we had to stop as all the bird food was attracting rats into our garden. Plenty of neighbours feed the birds so we at least know the birds are not going hungry because we stopped feeding them. We have a bird Bath that they use a lot, and thanks to our fencing the cats can’t get into our garden so it’s really safe for birds. Sometimes we see sparrowhawks and buzzards at the back of our house too as it’s open fields. I love hearing the dawn chorus at this time of year. Worth waking up early for!

• Me too. I love having them in the garden. I'm trying to convince my husband that it makes sense to bulk buy the bird food and he seemed a bit clueless about the different types of food to attract different birds, and got that glazed look when I started explaining.

• I’m pretty obsessed with owls to be honest! But I love all birds. Recently we went to RSPB Minsmere and saw Marsh Harriers, they were so beautiful to watch. But I love little garden birds too, I love Robins, they’re so curious and friendly around humans.  Birdwatching makes me really happy.