Technology how has it help you?

I have an iPhone 14 pro max, Apple Watch SE, and an iPad. All three are useful tools for instance setting reminders to take my meds, doctor appointments, zoom meetings, etc.  how has technology help you?

Parents
  • My reply could be vast because of my age.

For now I will just talking about 3 aspects of technology that made vast improvements both to my working life and my personal life:

The personal computer.

I worked as a legal assistant for over a decade and when I 1st started I had to type documents on a manual typewriter and manually correct them.  There was no way to 'save' this document.

Then with regard to Wills I sewed them up by hand with ribbon and used a match to seal it with candle wax.

No health and safety in the 1980s!

The ability to type anything and save it for printing, to correct as you go along, to go back to and continue another day, to copy as a 'precedent' + then update for another document, was fantastic for me.  The examples would be endless.

Then the PC at home made organisation much simpler.

The internet - where to start.

No more walking to libraries, looking up information, taking + paying for photocopies of documents, asking to see copies of old newspapers for research, using a microfiche system.

I could go on forever.

The mobile phone

No more standing at phone boxes in a queue, often in the dark to call people.

No more obligation to always call and having to have a conversation on the phone I find painfully difficult (ie texting instead).

Information and connection at your fingertips.

I can actually look up my own symptoms and not rely on unreliable GPs.

This forum exists!

etc etc etc

• My reply could be vast because of my age.

For now I will just talking about 3 aspects of technology that made vast improvements both to my working life and my personal life:

The personal computer.

I worked as a legal assistant for over a decade and when I 1st started I had to type documents on a manual typewriter and manually correct them.  There was no way to 'save' this document.

Then with regard to Wills I sewed them up by hand with ribbon and used a match to seal it with candle wax.

No health and safety in the 1980s!

The ability to type anything and save it for printing, to correct as you go along, to go back to and continue another day, to copy as a 'precedent' + then update for another document, was fantastic for me.  The examples would be endless.

Then the PC at home made organisation much simpler.

The internet - where to start.

No more walking to libraries, looking up information, taking + paying for photocopies of documents, asking to see copies of old newspapers for research, using a microfiche system.

I could go on forever.

The mobile phone

No more standing at phone boxes in a queue, often in the dark to call people.

No more obligation to always call and having to have a conversation on the phone I find painfully difficult (ie texting instead).

Information and connection at your fingertips.

I can actually look up my own symptoms and not rely on unreliable GPs.

This forum exists!

etc etc etc

Children